HUGE spidar!

Options
So I was in the middle of doing some housework, and was about to tidy up hubby's night stand when I saw a HUGE brown spidar sitting on one of the selves, RIGHT NEXT TO THE BED. :noway:

Seriously, the body was at least the size of a quater.

I do not do well with bugs!

Lucky for me hubby was home. I ran upstairs and told him to kill it for me. He did, but now I'm afraid it laid eggs next to my bed and they are gonna hatch and crawl all over me when I sleep! :huh:

Yeah...I'm paranoid when it comes to bugs. :laugh: It was bad enough knowing we have centepieds bigger than my hand, now I have to worry about giant spidars too! :indifferent:

Replies

• Livi_Loves_Pink
    Options
    So I was in the middle of doing some housework, and was about to tidy up hubby's night stand when I saw a HUGE brown spidar sitting on one of the selves, RIGHT NEXT TO THE BED. :noway:

Seriously, the body was at least the size of a quater.

I do not do well with bugs!

Lucky for me hubby was home. I ran upstairs and told him to kill it for me. He did, but now I'm afraid it laid eggs next to my bed and they are gonna hatch and crawl all over me when I sleep! :huh:

Yeah...I'm paranoid when it comes to bugs. :laugh: It was bad enough knowing we have centepieds bigger than my hand, now I have to worry about giant spidars too! :indifferent:
  • emikarls
    emikarls Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    there is another post about a yummy bug guy, you should call him. :wink:

no worries though, think of how scared the bugs are of us!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I definitely feel for you! I'm really not a fan of them myself!!!

One time, I guess I was dreaming and all of a sudden my husband says I started yelling in my sleep and jumped out of bed yelling "There's a spider in the bed!!!!"......I can remember seeing a spider coming straight down towards my face from the ceiling and jumping out of bed in sheer terror trying to get it off!! But my hubby says it was a dream! I dunno! I made him search the entire bed before I got back in! :laugh:

Yes, House Centipedes are HORRIBLE!! We were living in a basement studio (the basement of a house) several years ago and I would see these grotesque looking things and finally I looked them up and saw what they were and it said "They live in the basement of houses" So, we were living in it's home!! *shivers* Man, that was horrible!! They were like little aliens and they moved FAST!!

ICK ICK!!!
  • BEFORE
    BEFORE Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options

Dang ya beat me. I went to get the title "absolutely nothing to do with MFP"
  • emikarls
    emikarls Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options

Dang ya beat me. I went to get the title "absolutely nothing to do with MFP"

It is actually kinda sad how on top of that I was. My kids are napping and I am reading posts like nobodys buisness!:ohwell:

:tongue:
  • Livi_Loves_Pink
    Options

One time, I guess I was dreaming and all of a sudden my husband says I started yelling in my sleep and jumped out of bed yelling "There's a spider in the bed!!!!"......I can remember seeing a spider coming straight down towards my face from the ceiling and jumping out of bed in sheer terror trying to get it off!! But my hubby says it was a dream! I dunno! I made him search the entire bed before I got back in! :laugh:

Yes, House Centipedes are HORRIBLE!! We were living in a basement studio (the basement of a house) several years ago and I would see these grotesque looking things and finally I looked them up and saw what they were and it said "They live in the basement of houses" So, we were living in it's home!! *shivers* Man, that was horrible!! They were like little aliens and they moved FAST!!

ICK ICK!!!

Yeah! They move from one side of the room to the other in a blink, and I've called them aliens bugs before myself, lol. It kinda looks like their insides are on the outside. :huh: The first time I saw one I screamed so loud my father-in-law came running down the stairs yellng "Olivia!! Are you okay?!?" I think he thought I cut my hand off or something, rofl. Our bedroom is in a basement, but luckily since we've gotten it all fixed up I havn't seen many in our area. :indifferent:
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    Options

ICK ICK!!!

My apts in the basement. I get the House Centipedes all the time. I had to move Jerimyah upstairs cause of it. They do bite. I started having to bug stop (which I'm allergic too) and spray. I bug stop twice a year and spray every 3mos or so. If I don't have I spider and House Centipede haven. I guess now that I'm used to them I don't trip about it. Before I would leave the whole room and let whatever have it. Now I pick it up put it in the toliet and flush about 20times. :laugh:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    I've got just the right bug guy..lol

No worries, most brown spiders keep their babies their backs..ok, maybe that doesn't help. At least you got rid of it!
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    :laugh: I just made my bf go in bathroom and kill a spider last night. I was standing in there yelling 'It's on the wall, by the TOOTHBRUSHES!!!!!'. lmao. He thought it was funny and proceeded to try and touch me with the dead legs. What a butthead. :laugh:
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    I live right beside lake Ontario and we get those huge black lake spiders. You know the ones that hang all over the outside of the your house!!!

The other day I was coming down the stairs and I saw what I thought was a lint ball. I touch it with my toes (dunno why) and all of a sudden these huge black crunchy legs appear and it crawls away. I quickly grabbed a shoe and got "rid" of it.

Man I hate spiders!!
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    I have the same fear and scream at the top of my lungs!!!!!! Spiders and I do NOT get along! haha

haha and my bf is just as scared as me!
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    I have the same fear and scream at the top of my lungs!!!!!! Spiders and I do NOT get along! haha

haha and my bf is just as scared as me!

Well that's no good! How's he supposed to protect ya? :laugh:
  • pinktoque
    pinktoque Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    eeeeeeek I am such an arachnophobe!

Thankfully my husband knows "the tone."

You know, the tone in your voice that you get when there's a huge spider that needs to be killed and you are trying hard not to freak out too much (I dunno about you, but I'm afraid if I make too much of a fuss OR take my eyes off of it it'll run away before I can get my hubby to kill it, lol) and you yell out "Hey baby, can you come here a minute please?"

He notices "the tone" and comes running with rolled up newspaper or a shoe. Our border collie/brittany spaniel is a bug catcher, though, too! He's mastered the art of catching flies mid-air when they buzz by him, and on more than one occasion when the hubby wasn't home he's found and killed the spider before it "got me." Such a good little protector!

Who says "mama" isn't treated like a princess in a house full of males (husband, the two dogs) -- they keep me well protected! :D
  • dancegirl1
    Options
    Oooo ick! I'm not a fan.

Here is my intense and frightening spider story...

...I was sleeping one night and *thought* my hair was tickling my neck, so I just brushed it away...until that "hair" (AKA : nasty spider!!!) crawled INTO my ear!!! UUUUUUGGGGHHHH! It still gives me shivers just thinking about how I had to get it out - I smooshed it with my finger...EEEEEWWWWWW! :sick: Oh so gross. I am freaking out a bit now...ha.
  • pinktoque
    pinktoque Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Oooo ick! I'm not a fan.

Here is my intense and frightening spider story...

...I was sleeping one night and *thought* my hair was tickling my neck, so I just brushed it away...until that "hair" (AKA : nasty spider!!!) crawled INTO my ear!!! UUUUUUGGGGHHHH! It still gives me shivers just thinking about how I had to get it out - I smooshed it with my finger...EEEEEWWWWWW! :sick: Oh so gross. I am freaking out a bit now...ha.

ugh I feel ill! what a horrible ordeal!!