Favorite herbal teas?

Options
I am an avid herbal tea drinker. Recently I've been drinking a lot of green tea, peppermint tea and many other random assortments of herbal tea haha. I have noticed I definitely feel much better now I regularly drink herbal stuff as opposed to regular tea or coffee.

Was just wondering if anyone else is as obsessed with herbal tea as I am, and if so what are your favorites and which do you think are the most beneficial?

Replies

• earthboundmisfit
    earthboundmisfit Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I've heard that oolong tea is a metabolism booster. It doesn't taste very good though. I like chamomile, catnip and hops tea to help me relax. And yerba mate gives me a kick.
  • sammharley1
    sammharley1 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Peppermint - absolutely love the stuff. So so good for your stomach!
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    i'm absolutely a coffee drinker. it does nothing bad for your health. quite the opposite.

having said that, on occasion i brew a mango tea that's quite tasty. i don't know anything about any other benefits to it aside from its yummy taste though.
  • michellemybelll
    Options
    I've heard that oolong tea is a metabolism booster. It doesn't taste very good though. I like chamomile, catnip and hops tea to help me relax. And yerba mate gives me a kick.

there's a catnip tea for humans? and it relaxes you rather than jacks you up? lol. strange.
  • CrisAlex
    CrisAlex Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I'm actually having some green tea right now lol. I really like that and peppermint tea. I find them to be good alternatives to coffee, although I still really do like my lattes in the afternoon.
  • michellemybelll
    Options
    oh! yeah this. peppermint tea soothes my belly if it's sore.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I live on Lemongrass and Ginger tea. Don't know about any benefits, but I have probably 6 cups a day? It's also an amazing hangover cure LOL

I also love T2's Crazy Chili Green Chai (Green tea, cacao husk, ginger pieces, lemon peel, cardamom seed, cloves, chilli, pepper)
  • sammharley1
    Options
    oh! yeah this. peppermint tea soothes my belly if it's sore.

It stops bloating too if you sip it - makes me feel great :)
  • Oxxygi
    Oxxygi Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Peppermint, melissa, chamomile,nettles,hibiscus.
  • StraubreyR
    StraubreyR Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Decafe Chai, with almond milk! Also a fan of peppermint. It's great iced in the summer too.
  • sammharley1
    Options
    Decafe Chai, with almond milk! Also a fan of peppermint. It's great iced in the summer too.

Iced sounds great - I've never thought of that!
  • HaidaB
    HaidaB Posts: 8
    Options
    Twinings do a lovely buttermint tea - smells like Murray Mints :) (not sure that will mean much to anyone not in the UK!) and I'm also drinking their gingerbread green tea at the moment which is awesome.
  • melaji
    melaji Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Liquorice tea is lovely, though quite strong. From other people I know, it appears to be a 'Marmite' thing - you either love it or hate it!!
  • Titanuim
    Titanuim Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I am loving Green Gunpowder Tea at the moment. So fragrant and delicious.
  • misschoppo
    misschoppo Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    there are so many I like! green tea either pure or with lemon are a favourite but I also love fruity ones like apple&blueberry, mango&passionfruit and at the moment I'm working my way through a box of ginger&lemon :)
  • crispsandwich
    crispsandwich Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    absolutely love the Pukka range in particular the Liquorice and peppermint and the three cinnamon! mmm lush
  • dammitjanet0161
    dammitjanet0161 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I tend to find that I love the smell of them but most of the fruity ones taste nowhere near as strong as they smell and end up disappointing. The exception to that, and the only one I keep going back to again and again, is Heath & Heather (Holland and Barrett) Morning Time, tastes like drinking hot ribena :)
  • helenarriaza
    helenarriaza Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I LOVE TEA!

My favorites are the black and white blends

- black + peach
    - black + lichee
    - black + cinnamon
    - black + lemon (I found this blend that has the whole lemon ground with the tea leaves. unf)
    - white + nectarine
    - white + blueberry
    - white + grapefruit

Also, there was this tea I tasted at Teavana: Dragonfruit Devotion Herbal Tea... I almost cried upon the first sip.

Too bad they don't ship out to my country, I'd be buying it by the crate.

ETA: I suck at names.
  • sjeannot
    sjeannot Posts: 143
    Options
    I love tea and my favorites ae licorice root (Alvita makes a grea one), Celestial seasonings Cinnamon Apple Spice, Starbucks Wild Orange and lately I have been enjoying peppermint tea from Bigelow.
  • helenarriaza
    helenarriaza Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I also love T2's Crazy Chili Green Chai (Green tea, cacao husk, ginger pieces, lemon peel, cardamom seed, cloves, chilli, pepper)

that sounds yummy