Xbox One and Tracking Calories

Options
I do most of my exercise following the free fitness app on the Xbox One (the gamer in me is motivated by the points awarded). I love those programs; however, I never really know how many calories I burn up doing any of the programs. I've completed little 10 minuter jobbers to 40 minute Insanity videos, but don't record the exercise on MFP because, once again, I have no idea what to enter.

Does anybody have any suggestions? Has anyone else use Xbox One Fitness and figured out a decent way to record calories burnt here?

Replies

• HKayG
    HKayG Posts: 4
    Options
    I could only suggest that your best bet would be to invest in a hear rate monitor that counts the calories you've burnt. It's especially hard to gauge an amount for everyone on games like these, because everyone puts in a different amount of effort.
  • rmmordav
    rmmordav Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have the same issue. I use the nike training in the xbox360 with kinetic and it actually does tell you the calories burned. I use a HRM and the calories burned according to this are always higher, (up to double the amount!). The settings in my HRM are correct so I'm wondering if anyone could provide me with reassurance that the HRM is more accurate in this case.

Thanks in advance!
  • VitaminAmy
    VitaminAmy Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I use Xbox Fitness almost daily... after the workout if you select "Session Details" it'll give you calories burned.
    I just enter those numbers.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    I wish I could log the miles I run in Skyrim. It's miles and miles between places there.
  • steve1686
    steve1686 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I wish I could log the miles I run in Skyrim. It's miles and miles between places there.
    do you even horse
  • peter_rotten
    peter_rotten Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I use Xbox Fitness almost daily... after the workout if you select "Session Details" it'll give you calories burned.
    I just enter those numbers.

I'm worried that those calories are terribly inaccurate, but I guess they're better than nothing.