Housework workout?

Options
Has anyone figured out a hard & fast system of house work and made it into a workout you can count?

Replies

• Pattilynne
    Options
    i "power clean" for a half hour straight. going room to room picking up everyting that needs to go into the laundry, then the toy baskets, etc. that's usually the hardest part and i usually work up a good sweat doing that, then of course the upside is, when you are ready to clean the rest of any given room, you have a better perspective since you are not seeing the clothes and toys in the way of everything else in the way. BTW, there is a lot of walking involved, i make a point to not stop picking up/scrubbing/moving for the entire time.
  • backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Besides perhaps things such as hours of serious gardening, for me personally, I don't count any house work as exercise.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I will enter half my time if I am doing something way out of the ordinary. I think I entered it when I was washing walls and celings prior to painting, scrubbing the carpet on the stair treads on my hands and knees, and steam cleaning the floors in the entire house (everything but the stairs are wood or ceramic tile). Normal daily/weekly stuff I don't count.
  • usmcpatience
    Options
    If I'm doing everyday chores, I only enter it in as "light cleaning," with HALF the time I cleaned for. If I did regular chores for 30 minutes (which I do everyday), I put it in for 15 minutes.

But, if I do something that I don't do every single day, (Example: mop, scrub baseboards, scrub the bathtub out, etc.), I log it in for the full time.

This is a really iffy subject. Everyone has a different opinion on it. Some people don't log cleaning in at all, other do half the time, and other log it all. It is really up to you.

If you feel you're working enough to get your heart moving, I'd say go ahead and log that stuff in. If you're standing at the sink loading the dishwasher...I'd say skip it.

Good luck!