Day 1 - MFP

Options
Hello Everyone,

Today is my first day on MFP. I would love to make new friends for support. My goal is to lose exactly 102 LBS.

Replies

• thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! And, you can do this...surround yourself with people who succeed at their goals. Add me for support!
  • anndawe
    anndawe Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. If you would like to add me as friend, please do so.
  • CoveredInFat
    Options
    Welcome!! And, you can do this...surround yourself with people who succeed at their goals. Add me for support!

OMG great weigh loss....did you lose it all on MFP ?

What's the secret to staying focused :)
  • bdenitto
    bdenitto Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • beckywilliams1967
    beckywilliams1967 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hi there - feel free to add me too!
  • Melissface
    Melissface Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Congrats on taking the first step :) Feel free to add me
  • DanZiehm
    DanZiehm Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on taking the first step! Today is Day 54 for me on MFP and I have had phenomenal success with it. I have dropped 25 pounds in 54 days. I know I won't continue at this pace, but it's a start and I'm 25 pounds closer to my goal than I was 54 days ago. I have a lot of supportive friends on MFP. Surround yourself with a support system. I have also found it helps to read the "Success Stories" section on MFP to help stay motivated. Feel free to add me as a friend (and anybody else reading this, feel free to send me a friend request). Good luck!!!

Dan
  • judipatootie
    judipatootie Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    welcome!!

i hope you find a lot of support here to help you reach your goals. you are already taking steps in the right direction to a healthier lifestyle! Ive been a frequent and inrequent user of MFP for three years now. But Ive only just come back and i plan on sticking to it this time (Ive heard my self say that many times before). Add me as a friend if you would like: i sure could use the encouragement as well!!
  • judipatootie
    judipatootie Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    OMG....your before and after pics are amazing! Kudos to you and your wife. Seeing the two of you sure gives me inspiration to not drop off this quest for a healthier lifestyle!! Way to go!!!!!
  • RollTideLisa
    Options
    I am pretty new here too, but this site has been really great for me because I am a foodie and knowing I have to put down what I eat makes me feel more accountable. If you want to add me, that would be great, and I wish you lots of success! You have done the first step, you've got this!!!
  • mymonty
    mymonty Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm on every day and encourage my Pals. I'm blessed to have GREAT pals here!
  • shanlivestrong
    shanlivestrong Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Add me too! I don't have any friends on here and I could really use the encouragement and support.
  • pgilly81
    pgilly81 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm new-ish too and always looking for friends to help keep me motivated :smile:

good luck on your journey and feel free to add me for support :flowerforyou:
  • lisatakeitoff
    Options
    Hi, my name is Lisa.
    I have used this before, but not everyday. My goal is to stay with it this time. I have 25 pounds to lose and would love to meet people and to support each other. :smile:
  • cuckoo_jenibeth
    cuckoo_jenibeth Posts: 1,434 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Yesterday made exactly one month in for me & I am loving it! I log in all the time & love seeing how my friends are doing!
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you like. :) I have lost 15lbs of about 103 total.

The secret to staying focused is to want to be HEALTHY & FIT more than ANYTHING.

It has to be more than just the lessening number on the scale, otherwise, those weeks where the number doesn't move or doesn't move enough, you will have something else to keep you encouraged...

For me it's riding my mountain bike. Now I don't go off into the woods, but I have roads I ride on that are hilly. And are a challenge. And every time when I ride that bike and go just a little further without stopping for breath is a MAJOR victory for me and makes me feel SO ACCOMPLISHED...even if I weigh the same as I did 5 days ago.

I know I'm eating healthy, and I know the slower I lose the weight, the better off I am (I don't want loose skin!)...and I can see the difference when I exercise. Even though I'm only down `15 lbs right now (for the 2nd time...I was down to 225 last April or so and then by July was back up to 239, grrr...because I stopped tracking my food and totally stopped exercising.) ANYWAY even though I am only down 15 lbs, I can feel the difference when I walk the dog - I actually can jog for quite a distance, when I could NOT do that before. When I ride my bike, I can get further up that hill before stopping for breath.

That is what keeps me motivated.