Anyone have a good shrimp recipe?

Options
kevinuc74
kevinuc74 Posts: 35 Member
Does anyone have a healthy recipe with nutrition information that features shrimp? I'm looking for something different to do with shrimp. Let me know if you have any good ones! Much appreciated.

Replies

• goalisfit
    goalisfit Posts: 3
    Options
    I usually make a stir fry that consist of shrimp,zuccini,broccoli,water chestnot and bell peppers or you can make chicken shrimp and zucchini noodles.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    bump
  • eringraczyk
    eringraczyk Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I usually make this shrimp recipe (super easy) with cilantro lime rice (second recipe). I've entered both into my recipes here on MFP, so let me see if I can find a way to share that info.

http://thedoughwillriseagain.wordpress.com/2012/07/31/honey-lime-shrimp/
    http://stephaniecooks.blogspot.com/2011/02/chipotles-cilantro-lime-rice.html
  • nbushnell1
    Options
    I like to BBQ shrimp and chicken.
    Cut a large chicken breast into reasonable (1" sq) pieces. In a bowl, Pour a couple of tbsp canola oil on, the same amount of seasoned vinegar, and some seasoning. (I find canola oil is better in a marinade for meat.) Stir to coat the chicken.
    Use another bowl for the shrimp; approximately 1 lb of large raw, shelled shrimp. Pour a couple tbsp canola oil on, and Lawrys lemon pepper seasoning.
    Skewer the chicken and shrimp, alternating them.
    BBQ for a few minutes on each side.

I usually serve with veggies and a salad or fruit.
  • eringraczyk
    Options
    I usually make this shrimp recipe (super easy) with cilantro lime rice (second recipe). I've entered both into my recipes here on MFP, so let me see if I can find a way to share that info.

http://thedoughwillriseagain.wordpress.com/2012/07/31/honey-lime-shrimp/
    http://stephaniecooks.blogspot.com/2011/02/chipotles-cilantro-lime-rice.html

Sorry, I can't figure out how to share the nutritional info. There aren't tons of ingredients, so shouldn't take too long for you to enter everything. Per serving, my calculations show 175 calories, 28 g carbs, 4 g fat, and 3 g protein for the rice. I know I had the shrimp recipe entered at one point, but it's not there now, so I must have deleted it. Guess I'm not a whole lot of help in the nutrition department. Hope you enjoy the recipes, though.
  • lemonsnlove
    lemonsnlove Posts: 200
    Options
    Bump
  • stacibal
    stacibal Posts: 7 Member
    Options
  • chadya07
    chadya07 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    i like shrimp plain most of the time. plain and cold.

if i do anything to it, it is curry with pineapple and coconut milk.

or possibly a scampi with very little butter.

or broiled with a marinade of olive oil and spices.

just dont overcook it.

shrimp is so low cal i dont worry too much about adding a little oil or butter.

shrimp cocktail is low cal.
  • eringraczyk
    Options
    I happened across this and thought of you. I haven't tried it myself, so can't vouch for it, but it's another recipe to add to your collection. http://www.gimmesomeoven.com/parmesan-crusted-shrimp-quesadillas/#_a5y_p=2074989
  • rlmassman84
    rlmassman84 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I like shrimp tacos. I usually just cook a handful of shrimp in a nonstick pan and with a little chili powder and then toss them into a corn tortilla with some chopped cabbage and some lime juice and a touch of salsa. Quick, easy, and really filling.
  • 78105234a
    78105234a Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lildynarider
    lildynarider Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Shrimp Avocado Salad - This is delicious!! I modified it and added a spicy brown mustard instead of dijon (cuts a few cals) and then added lime juice and chili powder and a kick of red pepper as well. Just a dash. Serves six fairly generous portions add to a salad and you are golden. The cals are 313 per serving, 9 carbs, 19 fat (olive oil and avocado), 34 protein, 371 sodium, and 2 sugar.

http://addapinch.com/cooking/2013/06/26/shrimp-avocado-salad-recipe/
  • Jess__I__Can
    Jess__I__Can Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I used this and loved it. Pair with whole wheat thin spaghetti.

Shrimp-Scampi-Dip-7.jpg

Sauce ~70 cal
    Spaghetti ~210 cal for 2 oz
    Shrimp ~however much you want to use LOL
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    Good yes, healthy no. Coconut shrimp made in the oven with Panko. Or maybe it is kind of healthy, since it's not fried.
  • sparks1066
    sparks1066 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That sounds so good, will have to try.
  • rachface1234
    rachface1234 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Toss shrimp with mixture of greek yogurt, sriacha, and sweet chili sauce, grill, bake, or sautee. "bang bang" shrimp. Top with green onions if you wanna get fancay!
  • chelsealfinn
    chelsealfinn Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Line a baking sheet (with sides) with aluminum foil.
    Lay peeled & butterflied shrimp onto baking sheet without having shrimp overlap.
    Pour an Italian or similar type dressing over the shrimp and sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese.
    Broil shrimp in oven until done.

-You can also add in some portabella mushrooms to this and broil them the same way with the shrimp.

Calories will depend on how much and what type of dressing or cheese you use. To save a few calories, you could probably throw the shrimp in a plastic bag and toss them in the dressing instead of pouring it over the top.

So good and so easy!
  • lalee93
    lalee93 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I make a simple lemon-y shrimp scampi.

6 oz jumbo shrimp, peeled, deveined (I use already cooked and frozen shrimp)
    2 tbsp butter
    1 tbsp minced garlic
    juice of a lemon
    sprinkle of lemon pepper
    cooked brown rice

Saute the garlic in the butter. Add shrimp to skillet. Cover. Add lemon juice and lemon pepper. Flip once. Cover again. Serve over top of rice.

It's delicious, has all your macros, and is around 500-600 calories.
  • kevinuc74
    kevinuc74 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much. Would 1 serving be enough for a meal or would you add more?