Help with menu choice

Options
I am going out for dinner with the family as a treat for completing my degree whooop whooop....

Please help what would you eat from the menu
http://www.randalls-jersey.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/New-Blush-Menu.pdf

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I didn't look at the menu sorry...when I go out for a celebration I order what I think or know will taste good.

This is part of life and life happens all the time, so you have a choice here...

Find something on the menu that is lean meat/fish that is grilled and some veggies that have little to no oil on them have one glass of wine/beer etc and no dessert.

Or you can order what you want, eat it in reasonable portions and enjoy you night, log it and move on...

One meal isn't going to take away the 17kg lost nor should it derail you totally...you can exercise a bit to work off any surplus or you can choose to eat light that day to make room for it.
  • marlyu
    marlyu Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Sole Furai Burger with a side salad or a side steamed veggie.
  • alison067
    alison067 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Interesting menu. I would have the crab and avocado followed by a nice steak. Yummy!
  • ActuarialChef
    ActuarialChef Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    Mmmm crab & avocado appetizer (NO SHARING!), the Red Mullet with Sweet Potato Chips, and Chocolate & Orange for dessert.

SO interesting seeing a menu from another country. I had to google some of the items. Sounds yummy though - enjoy!!!
  • dammitjanet0161
    dammitjanet0161 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your degree!

Got to agree with Stef, it's a celebration. I also tend not to go for something in a restuarant that I would/could cook at home :)

That said, for starter either the soup but maybe skip the roll if you don't want to get too full for the main, or the crab and avocado, and for main the steak or the red mullet. But I think that's what I would order off that menu for me anyway, regardless of whether I was watching my weight.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    I would get the pork ribs, but only because I have not had pork in a long time.
    Any of these choices will be perfectly fine. Enjoy the evening.
  • TAsunder
    TAsunder Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I want to go to there.
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    8oz Harmony Farm Sirloin Steak £14.95
    Chargrilled to your liking with grilled tomato, mushrooms, chips & coleslaw

probably this. but ask for a box when it comes out and cut it in half or give the half to the hubby. this is double the portion size. ask for broccoli or some other grilled vegies instead of the chip and coleslaw too. for drinks order the sparkling water with lemon and/or lime. this is what I would order. you could get the grilled chicken breast but ask for no piri piri sauce on it. its sounds too mystery to me.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    In!

Sole Furai Burger
    or
    fresh crab with wasabi mayo
    with
    roasted sweet potato and feta salad
    and
    crab and avocado appetizer

Disclaimer....my choices are only based on what looks tasty, and has nothing to do with health, fitness or calorie counting.