2 year anniversary (pics) 60lbs GONE!

Options
lalonmeg000
lalonmeg000 Posts: 276 Member
It's been officially two years since I got serious about my health. For the FULL background story, you can check out my:

1 year post @ http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1056110-it-s-my-one-year-anniversary.

and my 18 month post @ http://www.myfitnesspal.com/post/by_user/4992348

In this past year I have struggled...a lot...with seeing "the new me" I wondered if it was because I never felt as big as I had been all along, or if I was expecting a more drastic physical change. I stumbled across an article in Strong fitness magazine that discussed the mental relationship we each have with food and how it effects the physical body. For example, a dieter would look at a plate and see the food in terms of calories, where as body builder might look at it in terms of macros, and a runner might look at it in terms of fuel for race day etc. Basically it went on to say that when we feel guilt for eating certain foods, based on our own personal relationship, it can trigger a stress hormone, essentially changing the way the food is metabolized. By no means is it saying someone who doesn't feel guilty for eating the donut, consumes less calories or whatever than someone who does, however, it put things into perspective.

After reading that I no longer wanted to be a "dieter". I no longer wanted to be a slave to calories. So I simply stopped logging. I continued to fuel my body with the veggies and protein I always had, and listened to my body. If I am hungry I eat. If I am not, I dont. I have no idea how much I weigh now, because I have also stopped measuring myself in terms of weight. If I had to guess roughly a 55-60lb loss. I do have stats though...

Then:
avg. mile - 16 min 45 sec
bench press - 10 lbs
curls- 5 lbs
push ups - 0
weight squats - bar weight
size - 14

Now
avg mile - 11min 25sec
bench press - 55 lbs
curls - 15-20lbs
push ups - 20 EXCELLENT ones
weight squats - bar + 75lbs
size- who cares...(4,6,8 depending where I shop)

Again, no crash diets, no pills, no meetings...just a girl, a pair of running shoes, a few weights, and a lot of sweat :)

Please feel free to add me as a friend for support. I am on the forums, and I try to keep in touch, although this summer has been pretty hectic! Also if you have any specific questions I would love to hear them. I am by no means a professional, I just (now) genuinely love exercising, health and fitness!

2niz1pj.jpg

wk045f.jpg

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!