Can you imagine reaching your goal weight

Options
2»

Replies

• farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    When my doctor asked me what my goal weight was I said 145. (At the time I was 173) She looked at me and said you could safely get down to 125. I thought she was nuts. I am now around 128. I never in a million years thought I could do it.
  • liekewheeless
    liekewheeless Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Some days yes, some days no.

When I'm having a good day or week I feel like it's finally in sight, I'm half way there. When I'm having a bad day/ week, I feel like maybe my body just won't do it, no matter how long I stay at it.

Overall I feel pretty confident that next year around this time I'll be there or at least within 5lb.
  • Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    To be honest at this point in time no.
    Mainly because I want to get pregnant and this may happen before I reach my "Happy weight" but also because my weight has been yoyoing over the last 8 weeks, mentally I can't seem to get it right to continue going down.
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Yes. Been there any number of times. Heading there once again. May you find your reality matches the best scenario you can imagine.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    i dont do goal weight but i do have a goal size. when i reach that size (6) i really dont care what the scale says.

^Pretty much. Sure my ticker says 130lbs is my goal, but that is just based off of what I weighed about 5 years ago. Although I'm not sure what my stomach is going to look like after having 2 kids. My goal is to first get into the clothes that are in my closet. This however is what I looked like 5yrs ago(technically the first pic is 6yrs ago, but the rest are 5):
    dma4up.jpg
    I figure, I'll probably look similar. Although I do wonder if I'll ever get back there, since I keep hitting obstacles. Oh well, nothing good ever comes with out hard work and a few obstacles to overcome.

I have a pair of jeans I bought 5yrs ago that have never been worn, tags on and everything. I would love to get into them again. My second goal, I want to lower my BF% enough to where my abs start to show.
  • _Resolve_
    _Resolve_ Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I never thought I could or would hit my goal.. and here I am.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I was pretty close to goal weight last Summer, I had 4lbs to go, although I was happy where I was. Then I got pregnant and despite my best efforts gained weight. I reckon it'll take me until around Xmas to get back into my old jeans. I know I will get there again, but it is hard to imagine right now.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I try not to think about it. I've realized that even when I'm at my goal weight I won't look how I want anyway so if I think about it too much I'd quit. Ultimately I think my goal (other than the # on the scale) is completely unattainable. But whatever - gonna keep going and hopefully at my goal weight I'll at least be better off than when I started in some ways.
  • ddkphotos
    ddkphotos Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    As of this morning I have 4 lbs left and heck yeah I am imagining that number on the scale!! Hopefully before the end of the month... But break it down into smaller. 5 lb goals
  • Tanie98
    Tanie98 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    i dont do goal weight but i do have a goal size. when i reach that size (6) i really dont care what the scale says.

^Pretty much. Sure my ticker says 130lbs is my goal, but that is just based off of what I weighed about 5 years ago. Although I'm not sure what my stomach is going to look like after having 2 kids. My goal is to first get into the clothes that are in my closet. This however is what I looked like 5yrs ago(technically the first pic is 6yrs ago, but the rest are 5):
    dma4up.jpg
    I figure, I'll probably look similar. Although I do wonder if I'll ever get back there, since I keep hitting obstacles. Oh well, nothing good ever comes with out hard work and a few obstacles to overcome.

U look great.same here my first goal is to fit into my skinny jeans again

I have a pair of jeans I bought 5yrs ago that have never been worn, tags on and everything. I would love to get into them again. My second goal, I want to lower my BF% enough to where my abs start to show.
  • MelonW
    MelonW Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I never could until I got there. I started out at 186 and thought it would be impossible to get down to 125. I am now 123 with a new goal of 115. I never thought 125 would be attainable, let alone 115. I am still in shock some days when I weigh in and see that I am in the 120s.
  • elv1ra
    elv1ra Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    to me its because ive never been at a healthy and fit weight before in my life, so ive never even existed at my goal weight. its also scary too because i worry about how im going to look with loose skin and maybe ill be even more unhappy than i am now.
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    to me its because ive never been at a healthy and fit weight before in my life, so ive never even existed at my goal weight. its also scary too because i worry about how im going to look with loose skin and maybe ill be even more unhappy than i am now.

That's where my problems with maintenance lie. No matter how hard I've worked, it's all hidden under massive amounts of loose skin. I go from "try to camouflage the fat" to "try to camouflage all the loose skin". :ohwell:
  • highcarbveganzombie
    highcarbveganzombie Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    All my life I've been heavy, so most of the time I can't see myself at 90 to 100 pounds (I'm 4 ft 10). It feels impossible.

Then I decided I'm going to have mini goals! Right now it's to lose 20 pounds and I've lost four of that. I'm close. If I keep looking at it that way, yes, I can see my "ultimate" goal. It's all about how you look at it. :D
  • sculli123
    sculli123 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Reached it a week ago. Now maintaining for a while, will gain some pounds in fall / winter but not too much. Next summer I'm going to be even leaner.
  • sweetnlow30
    sweetnlow30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    It has been a four year journey for me. I lost some, had back surgery and gained a bit. Lost a bit more than had another surgery and gained a bit. I am now the smallest I have ever been in my adult life. I have been overweight/obese my entire life. When I started out at 260 pounds I was absolutely overwhelmed with the amount of weight I had to lose and I thought there was no way I could accomplish this. I took it one day at a time without trying to look at the overwhelming feat I was facing. I envisioned 145 pounds as an ideal weight when I was big. Once I hit that I realized I could go lower since I am only 5'3". Now I am 125 pounds and I am faced with loose skin but I am much happier and healthier than I was when I was fat and sick with type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure and high cholesterol. All of these issues have been cured through weight loss. There are days I am very hard on myself and I hate this wrinkled tummy and bat wing arms I am left with but then I think about what I have accomplished and I forgive myself. My next step is weight lifting as long as I am very careful with my damaged spine. My point is, take it one day at a time and before long you will be proud of what you have accomplished.
  • jamesbowlin
    jamesbowlin Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Just remember this should not only be about losing weight and reaching some goal weight but rather about getting yourself fit and into a healthy lifestyle with exercise and good eating habits. You can lose weight and be at your goal weight but still be unhealthy.
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    I think when I was imagining my goal weight it was only from the perspective of the view looking down at the scale :smile:

I originally thought getting down to 150 would take me from 244 pounds and size 18/20 to a nice size 10/12, currently I am at 151.6 and wearing 4/6. Not what I imagined and with 7+ more pounds to go and hopefully without dropping another dress size, at this point I am waiting for my brain to catch up with my body and hopefully see that size 4/6 in the mirror!

Currently I am still trying to get to my goal weight and build up my strength :bigsmile:
  • aarnwine2013
    aarnwine2013 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I remember when I first started, I just felt overwhelmed and I kept thinking, this is never going to happen. I'm around 6-10 lbs from my goal.

Some days are better than others. I am beginning to not focus so much on the scale. I've noticed how much my fitness has improved and I think I'm going to switch my focus on becoming more fit, instead of trying to hit a number on the scale.

It's hard and everybody has bad days. I just remind myself of why I started this journey and I'm ready to kill it again.