Eating out pizza HELP

Options
Going to ask for my tea tonight and have just started this again.... I want to stick to it but its a friends birthday. Planning on having a hawain pizza... any ideas of calories? I hate salad!! Thanks!!

Replies

• sophieshaped
    sophieshaped Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Depends where from... but if it's a Dominoes or something, uh oh! Think their pizzas are approx 250 cals a slice or something (sure you could find out on the database here or on their website). Do they not do any oven-baked fish or anything? Just pizza and salad?
  • drjeremy
    drjeremy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love pizza! So I have this delima too. I usually would eat pizza at least once a week. I have found that a way to enjoy any kind of pizza you want is to order a medium. The worst medium will only have approx 400 a slice. Calorie content is usually more close to 300 a slice for the majority. That should be low enough to allow two slices. Hope this helps!
  • ctrlaltdelboy
    Options
    where are you going for pizza?

at Pizza Hut a Hawaiian pizza is:

Italian:
    small - 656
    meduim - 1206
    large - 1768

Pan:
    small - 700
    meduim - 1470
    large - 2344

Stuffed Crust - 2448

Cheesy Bites - 2528
  • eresin
    eresin Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Do you know anyone else who is going to the party who is watching what they are eating? Perhaps you could team up and give each other encouragement if you feel like you want to reach for another slice?

Also be sure to drink plenty of water so that you feel fuller!
  • akh426
    akh426 Posts: 7
    Options
    Pizza Hut Thin & Crispy, veggie toppings, light on the cheese. Looks like cardboard, but tastes pretty good!:happy:
  • MissJennaBelle
    Options
    A lot of pizza restaurants have the nutritional values of their food online, if you know where you are going you could look it up.

If I order a Domino's, I have a quick look online to check the calorie content (etc.) of some of the pizzas so I can make the best choice, ....my belly always wants a Mighty Meaty but when my head rules I make a much more conscious choice.

Also, note, you could work out how many slices to have of a small, medium or large pizza based on the calories you have available too!

Try and plan ahead then it wont seem so daunting when your there.
  • MissJennaBelle
    Options
    at Pizza Hut a Hawaiian pizza is:

Stuffed Crust - 2448

Cheesy Bites - 2528

I LOVE stuffed crust and cheesy bites pizzas but very rarely will ever have one, look at the damage I could do with eating one of those!
  • karenpinkchick
    Options
    its ask im going to.... the website doesnt tell me :(
  • AllDayMzAmberJ
    AllDayMzAmberJ Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Getting Thin crust versus regular crust always helps with cutting out some of the calories. My husband says it's "eating pizza on a cracker" but hey you get to eat a bit more and you get the feeling of eating delicious pizza. Exercise hard to give you a couple extra calories for the day before you indulge. :)
  • Skulldilocks
    Options
    From what I reber, "Ask" is quite good for pizza, it only does thin stone baked crust so its not as bad as something like Pizza Hut. It's probably quite similar to Pizza Express in calories, and tey have their nutritional values on a website, so you could use that as an estimate :)

Also I think Ask does pasta too, might be an option :) x
  • blt4dtuff
    Options
    I work at Domino's, so just imagine what I have to go through every shift! I try to eat dinner before my shift starts- chicken salad wrap, for instance, and I bag up some carrots to take with me. When I start getting hungry (and I always do), I munch a couple of carrot sticks and tell my self to wait a while longer. On the rare occassions that I do allow myself a slice of pizza, I get a big slice and I simply take small bites of it and just try to enjoy the experience. Relish the taste of the cheese and sauce, eat it slowly (a problem for me, normally) and just have one. Or, run an extra mile before you go and have a couple of slices...
  • karenpinkchick
    Options
    Thanks!!! Think illl estimate about 800-900 for chicken and pineapple pizza... thats going off pizza express menu. I know its 13 old weight watchers points but that means nothing to me!!
    If I just dont count and think im out so I can forget what I eat ill eat a pudding too then that will totally mess up my 2nd day :) I need to be strict or I just dont do it
  • karenpinkchick
    Options
    I couldnt work at dominos!! I had to throw my dominos vouchers away this morning!!
    I find it hard enough working on a childrens ward in hospital, all the parents buying us chocolate for looking after their kids!!
  • chocolatnoir
    chocolatnoir Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    With pizza I stick to thin crust (or normal) tomato sauce, light cheese and loads of veggies. I'll have a couple of slices and then not stress too much about it, especially since it is a rare occasion.
  • MissJennaBelle
    Options
    I couldnt work at dominos!! I had to throw my dominos vouchers away this morning!!

Neither could I! I love the little dips they give you to dunk your pizza crust in... devilishy good! :devil:
  • blt4dtuff
    Options
    I find it hard enough working on a childrens ward in hospital, all the parents buying us chocolate for looking after their kids!!
    Well, if it weren't for the $50 or $60 bucks I make there in tips each night, I probably wouldn't work there, either. Like I said, I try to make myself un-hungry so the pizza won't be too tempting. I have a plan of action and a desire to lose a few pounds, so the motivation is there, as well.