bras to fit. ( one defiantly for the girls a bit gross) )

Options

Replies

• SteadyRun99
    Options
    as a guy i know this is a bigger issue than my narrow opnion LOL but I dont care about a person having perfect breasts....Just had to say it LOL
  • KristenSnider77
    KristenSnider77 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    That was extremely helpful!! Thanks!
  • SkinnyGirlCarrie
    SkinnyGirlCarrie Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Did you see this post the other day? Good link inside it along with suggestions where to get bras from...
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1282923-boob-shrinkage-after-weightloss
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    sounds they were trying to get you to buy a size that they could sell you.

anyway you're band sounds really big. you can measure yourself.
    - get a tape measure and first measure around the rib cage where the bottom of the bra should sit, which is basically right under your boobs.
    - next measure around the fullest part of your boobs, if your girls hang low then measure while wearing something that keeps them perky.

you determine you size by taking the rib cage size as the band (round up if it's uneven number) and then comparing that with the number you get from the boobs to the get the cup size. cup size is determined by difference between those 2 numbers
    1" difference = A cup, 2" = B cup 3"=C cup, 4" = D cup and so on.

from there you'd also have to take into account other factors to determine the type of bra you should wear depending on your body. for instance, bras come in full coverage, demi coverage, plunge, etc. the center panel should always sit flush with your body . i know for me i have a short waist combined with small rib cage and large boobs which means certain styles i simply cant wear regardless of the size (i'm looking at you, full coverage)

WSS
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    Same problem...........................VICTORIA'S SECRET PROBLEM SOLVED :smile:

Heh. I can't even imagine what size a Victoria's Secret salesperson would recommend putting my 32Hs in.

Right...I'd love to see what they would tell me my size is. (28FF) Victoria's Secret is one of the worst places to get fitted for, and buy bras. OP...go to a department store like Nordstrom or a bra shop and get fitted properly and buy yourself a bra that fits. It will make a world of difference!

even department stores are iffy. some of those ladies are old school adding 4-5" to the band and what not. i'm 36 H/HH/I depending on brand and i went to nordy's looking for emergency strapless. i asked if they had any 34H and above I could try. the sales person insisted on measuring me and told me i need a 40 DD. i tried it on just to show her she didnt know what she was doing and she was genuinely surprised that my girls werent supported :laugh:
  • rebeccaplatt21
    Options

- get a tape measure and first measure around the rib cage where the bottom of the bra should sit, which is basically right under your boobs.
    - next measure around the fullest part of your boobs, if your girls hang low then measure while wearing something that keeps them perky.

you determine you size by taking the rib cage size as the band (round up if it's uneven number) and then comparing that with the number you get from the boobs to the get the cup size. cup size is determined by difference between those 2 numbers

from there you'd also have to take into account other factors to determine the type of bra you should wear depending on your body. for instance, bras come in full coverage, demi coverage, plunge, etc. the center panel should always sit flush with your body . i know for me i have a short waist combined with small rib cage and large boobs which means certain styles i simply cant wear regardless of the size (i'm looking at you, full coverage)

this is a little outdated way ^^.....read this link, it will change your life!!!!!!

http://www.epbot.com/2013/04/everything-you-never-knew-you-needed-to.html?m=1
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    Didn't read any responses so I am sorry if I am repeating something someone else already said.

You weren't given the right size/bra for you. If a bra was truly the right size it would not do that.

You need a tighter band and a larger cup. I also suggest elastic, not underwire. Also, look for designs that are higher on the top and don't have a large cleavage dip. Sports bras might be just what you need.
  • luckypony71
    luckypony71 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    By the sounds of it you need a tighter circumference and a bigger cup. You probably have lost weight on your back. A well fitting bra should never let your boobs slip out underneath!!

^This^

I used to fit ladies for bras and sold lingerie while I was in college. It paid the rent.
  • sexymamadraeger
    sexymamadraeger Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    If you're plus size go to Lane Bryant. They have the BEST Bras for plus sizes. Their straps are thicker and have more support so the "girls" don't sag as much. I just spent waaaay to long trying on bras for the very same reason as you! They look like 2 deflated balloons. LOL. Its' so sad, really. Nursing the babies for years I'm sure didn't help with the perky factor. As for the push up idea...NO. Plus size women with big chests don't do push ups or padding. We don't need the help so it just gives us the double bubble. Go to Lane Bryant and try on different styles. They'll have one that works for you.
  • aedreana
    aedreana Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Always look for a horizontal seam across the cups! THAT is what will give you a natural pointed shape. I NEVER purchase bras that don't feature the horizontal seam!!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options

this is a little outdated way ^^.....read this link, it will change your life!!!!!!

http://www.epbot.com/2013/04/everything-you-never-knew-you-needed-to.html?m=1

sorry but there is absolutely no different info in that link than my "outdated" way :laugh:
  • littlefoot612
    littlefoot612 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Instead of going to a plus size clothing store, you need to go to a specialty lingerie store. Plus size clothing stores do not carry the full range of cup sizes (rarely anything above a DDD cup) although they may carry larger band sizes. They have sold you the wrong size bra.
  • bonkers1224
    bonkers1224 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I LOOOOOOOOOOVE MY VS BRA :love: :love:
  • darkrose20
    darkrose20 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Cups overfloweth indicates the cup size is too small. Boobs falling out from under indicates the band size might be too big.

Watch the Double Divas show. They are WONDERFUL at fittings.

Also, try another fitting at another shop. Never hurts to have a second opinion.
  • chadya07
    chadya07 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    yea... its time to move on from the plus sized store.

i suggest bali brand... they have these ones... lightly padded to give saggier boobies a perky look. lace over the padding, come in different colors and the larger sizes.

i love them so much i bought three.

after trying a million of them and getting depressed. get fitted again. i bought mine at macys but my mom got me another one that the hanes bali outlet.

i think it might be this one. http://www.justmysize.com/plus-size/sale/plus-size-sale/view-all-on-sale/bali-one-smooth-u-lace-underwire-bra?d1=SEARCHJ&cm_mmc=Google-_-PLA-_-NA-_-NA&ef_id=U78s2wAAAeVGrucK:20140726071952:s

oh but i just noticed you H sizing. could be an issue. has that gone down since you lost some weight?
  • jadethief
    jadethief Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Did you see this post the other day? Good link inside it along with suggestions where to get bras from...
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1282923-boob-shrinkage-after-weightloss

Definitely go read this link. I was wearing a 40D that I purchased at JCP (tried on bras for 2 hours!) for 60 bucks. Measured myself according to the instructions in the thread (there's a video linked also) and turns out I am now a size 34FF UK (34H US). Now I don't know where you'd ever find that size in a store, so I ordered it from One Stop Plus. It fits perfectly! Plus, it was only $30 including shipping and tax AND . . ... ..it's really, really cute!

Everything is covered and the material lays flat against my skin like it's supposed to. The only down part of that is that I no longer have that "bra pocket" that I could stuff my phone, keys, some money, and a few other things into when I didn't want to carry a purse, lol.

You hear "H cup" and you think that it must be humongous, but it's not very much bigger than the D I was in before. Cup sizes are proportional to the band size. The cup on a 40D is bigger than the cup on a 32D.
  • beawych
    beawych Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies.......now just need to find a better shop, sadly the selection in the UK is horrendous.
  • FisherGT
    FisherGT Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Moisturize your skin, drink lots of water and work on your pecks. I pretty much replaced my boobs with pecks and now they arn't saggy XD
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    You need a smaller number and/or a bigger letter.
  • dedflwrs
    dedflwrs Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I had the slippage problem and it turns out that it was because I was wearing 34B when I should wear 32A. Maybe you DO need a smaller size.