So sad :(

Options
I decided that enough was enough and tried to get back into this. I busted my butt and have no idea how but I have gained 1.5lbs!
My diet/exercise has not changed. The only thing that has changed it upping my calories and it wasn't a lot. I went from losing 1lbs a week at 1200 calories and now gaining 1.5lbs at 1330. I am not sure how that is even possible considering the deficit is still there. Can it just be a fluke? Can it be water weight? HELP! I am devastated here.

I just had a weigh in on Saturday and was down 2.6lbs since Jan.1st and now UP 1.5lbs on Tuesday. I expect some fluctuation as I know it happens day to day but is that not a lot?

Replies

• eresin
    eresin Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    it would be water weight, it could be muscle, I would give it another week to see if it comes off. Don't lose heart though, keep going, regardless if you put on 1.5lbs, if you are eating healthier and getting more exercise then you are doing the right things and you should be proud of that!
  • Cmsl90
    Cmsl90 Posts: 16
    Options
    I started on Jan 4th...I am down a total of about 6 pounds only. I am still trying to get a handle on the whole deficit thing.
    I love to work out and have even changed my workout information to show I am working out more yet it keeps me to the 1200 calories...I have lost NO weight loss in a full week...I work out in the evening and by the time I am done I do not want to eat, 1 because I am not hungry, 2 because it is too late in the day...I am going to begin logging weekly my measurements in hopes that the real results are there for me... you should try too.
  • AKosky585
    AKosky585 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    *hugs* I don't know what to tell you. I am in the same position. I have been trying so hard since LAST February only to lose 6 pounds in a YEAR. I was told I wasn't eating enough by my trainer, so I too upped my calories by 300 per day. I gained 1.5 pounds and figured it might just be water weight or from too much sodium, so I weighed myself again today...3 days later. STILL the higher weight. And I had put on a pound prior to that too from Christmas/New Years. That means in a whole year, I am down 3.5 pounds. PATHETIC.
  • guardup
    guardup Posts: 230
    Options
    It could be any number of things...

It could be that you weighed yourself at a different time of the day... and you have more food in your system which is adding weight. You could also be holding water due to hormones or due to Sodium intake (if you had a high sodium day before, this is def. a possibility). Your scale could need adjustment. Many attributes throw weight off. That's why its best to combine this with measurements and a Body Fat measuring device.

Just so you know, my Body Fat is 18% and I fluctuate up to 4lbs on any given week... with my BF staying the same.
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I do weigh myself at the same time, in the same clothes first thing in the morning after I get up and go to the bathroom.

I knew it wouldn't be easy since I don't have that much more to lose but I was just not expecting to see so much of a gain since Saturday. I guess I just keep my water intake up a bit more and keep plugging away.

I also do take my measurements and they haven't budged in months.

guardup- You look great! If I was at my goal weight or just a few lbs closer I don't think I would worry too much I mean I expect fluctutation I really do but I need to lose a wee bit more and then that can happen. My body just doesn't understand what my head wants.....lol.
  • guardup
    guardup Posts: 230
    Options
    guardup- You look great! If I was at my goal weight or just a few lbs closer I don't think I would worry too much I mean I expect fluctutation I really do but I need to lose a wee bit more and then that can happen. My body just doesn't understand what my head wants.....lol.

Thank you. Keep plugging away at it and you will get there. My last couple of pounds took me months to lose because I wasn't willing to lose muscle mass in exchange for fat loss.

My body is where I want to be for "normal". Right now, I am giving a not-so-intensely-focused effort at dropping from 18 to 15% body fat. We'll see if I get there. It's not a big deal to me because I am very happy with my body. I am more curious to see what it would be like.
  • carmen62
    Options
    I am having a similar problem- Seemed to be putting on just a little. BUT- I measured my waist and I have lost an inch. We talk about being addicted to sugar but what about addicted to the scales? I know I get gratification from the numbers on the scales and it is taking a lot of positive self talk to remind myself that yes, I am looking and feeling better. I am working so hard. I have kept my food and diet in check and it is changing my body. It seems both you and I need to acknowledge what we are doing right and that we are making gains. Thanks for your post. We should both blow up the scales!!
  • WarmDontBurn
    Options
    OMG I am totally addicted to my scale! I weigh myself often on my not so accurate bathroom scale..lol..if I see a loss then I weigh myself on Wii Fit.

I weighed today.....shocking I know :wink: and I am down almost back to normal but still up which has me worried but I will keep at it. I just don't want the upping of my calories to be my downfall yet! I just have to stay focussed and up the water!
  • WarmDontBurn
    Options
    Well an expected vistor arrived today. My TOM appears to be now....lol. It is a few weeks early so I was not expecting it.

I hope and pray that this is the cause for the weight gain!