First time to post - making baby steps

Options
I experimented with the app several months ago but had to remove it due to lack of space on my phone (can't wait till I upgrade). Tried adding my food and exercise online, but didn't make it part of my routine and it was short lived. Now I'm tracking my food, exercise, and progress but it's a struggle because I've been feeling really down and isolated. For the first time in my life, I'm completely living on my own. Kids are grown, ex-husband of 27 yrs has moved on, and I broke up with my 3+yr boyfriend, and I'm without a full-time job. So, I'm at home a lot and haven't had much energy. Working on accepting where I'm at in the process, yet I still get frustrated and sad. It's a lot all at once and I never dreamed I'd be starting over in my early 50s, but I'm excited and afraid at the same time and grateful for my faith in God to get me through.

Replies

• CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    Hi there, click this link...
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

There is a ton of Info to get you started. If me at 52 can do this any one can do this.
    Add me for support if you like. I am on here every day.
  • maryseb63
    maryseb63 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hi, it's not easy but you will feel so much better about yourself and the energy that you will get will be incredible. Try to turn your being at home into a positive. Gives you the time to work out. Slow start but keep building from that. I am retired at 50 and hubby works out of town, so I spend at least a few hours a day on my working out. Also on pampering myself. Don't need lots of money for that, just start by saying you are worth it and do small things for yourself :)
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    One step at a time. Make some friends and build a buddy system of encouragement. You can do it...
  • LITtlerMeCO
    LITtlerMeCO Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I experimented with the app several months ago but had to remove it due to lack of space on my phone (can't wait till I upgrade). Tried adding my food and exercise online, but didn't make it part of my routine and it was short lived. Now I'm tracking my food, exercise, and progress but it's a struggle because I've been feeling really down and isolated. For the first time in my life, I'm completely living on my own. Kids are grown, ex-husband of 27 yrs has moved on, and I broke up with my 3+yr boyfriend, and I'm without a full-time job. So, I'm at home a lot and haven't had much energy. Working on accepting where I'm at in the process, yet I still get frustrated and sad. It's a lot all at once and I never dreamed I'd be starting over in my early 50s, but I'm excited and afraid at the same time and grateful for my faith in God to get me through.

I find this site has given me some control, control over what I eat and when I exercise. I've been using the exercise in particular to deal with the death of someone I was close to for 13 years and when I feel sad I check to see if maybe I've been slacking on working out or eating things that aren't so great..

I wish you luck!
  • KLangleydoula
    KLangleydoula Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    You can do this! I agree that you will feel so much better as you make good choices for yourself and your health. Feel free to add me!
  • jdesunshine
    jdesunshine Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for making me feel so welcomed! I'm glad I decided to post after all. :wink: Here's to our journey ahead!
  • nene723
    nene723 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I'm also new to the site but used the app for awhile. Feel free to add me

Tamara
  • tonelli28
    tonelli28 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    add me, Tina
  • kyrawolfe3
    kyrawolfe3 Posts: 34
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear youre feeling so isolated. Feel free to add me! I would love to help keep you on track and follow your progress :)