too early too late..?

Options
what do you guys consider too early too eat/too late to eat? i've heard eating too early results in weight gain

Replies

• eresin
    eresin Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I think the earlier in the day you have breakfast the earlier you kickstart your metabolism for the day! I could be completely wrong though. I always try to get breakfast as soon as I get up, sometimes as early as 6am. Generally I don't eat after 8pm but it's usually because i'm not hungry rather than i feel like I shouldn't. I've eaten as late as 11pm before.
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of too early before. Some things I've seen recommend eating breakfast within an hour or so of waking up and to not eat anything within 2-3 hours of bed time.
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    There is no such thing as too early too late. As long as you eat your recommended calories for a day, it doesn't matter when you eat them.
  • trishywishywoo
    trishywishywoo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    there is also some information about eating at 3 hourly intervals, breakfast-morning tea-lunch-afternoon tea- dinner-supper but eating at a specific time. I will try and find that information:)
  • danaaaaa
    Options
    thanks everyone for the info.

and trishy that would be awesome if you can. thanks. :)
  • ljbouse
    ljbouse Posts: 129
    Options
    i have always read you should eat with in about 2 hours after you wake up to kick start your metabolism. and you should not eat less than 2 hrs before bed time.
  • YMTaylor
    YMTaylor Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I also have never heard of too early, but the other comments about eating withing a certain time from getting up makes sense. The eating too late could come into play if your blood sugar is off. Eating really late, especially large amount of carbs can throw off your blood sugar overnight and cause you to go up. On the flip side if your blood sugar is off kilter they recommend a sensible snack a few hours before bed to help regulate your sugar overnight so you don't spike or drop. I had to deal with that when I pregnant with my second child and a little bit before I lost some weight, I was in a pre-diabetic zone. I hope that helps and good luck with your journey!
  • suzzie30
    Options
    I have to agree with nightowl1, eating too early or too late does not matter as long as you are in your recommended caloric intake. If you know anyone who works the night shift, you would see that they tend to eat when they get home in the morning and go to bed. They don't gain weight and these people have been working this shift for years.

Just a thought!!