Bring me your tasty picnic recipes!

Options
Rainydaygirl1
Rainydaygirl1 Posts: 117 Member
My boyfriend and I are going for a picnic for our 3 year anniversary on monday and I'm trying to think of some nice things to make but I'm having trouble finding recipes he'd like because he isn't a veggie fan so all the fancy sandwich recipes I find he wouldn't like. He also doesn't like spices or herbs very much. Salt and pepper is about as fancy as I can get and even then he doesn't really like the taste of pepper. I was trying to find maybe a nice sandwich or main food recipe and a nice salad recipe of some kind.

Replies

• mamaoftwins9197
    mamaoftwins9197 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Not the healthiest, but maybe oven fried chicken and homemade potato salad? I don't have recipes for either, but they sound good...LOL. Except I don't eat meat anymore. Ha!
  • kitfox85
    kitfox85 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if he's a fan of fruit, but watermelon and feta drizzled with balsamic is amazing and really refreshing. I also recently did a thin crust pizza with caramelized onions, goat cheese, and a little bit of honey and salt. If you cut it into small pieces it can be very decent calorie-wise.

Apple and brie sandwiches (can you tell I'm craving cheese!?) are great, and you can also transport them open faced (just wrap them in wax paper after they've cooled a bit). Another thing I'm getting into is taking crockpot whole chicken, shredding it, then mixing it with Frank's RedHot Buffalo wing sauce and a homemade light caesar dressing. You could easily turn that into a sandwich or put it on thinly sliced/toasted whole grain baguettes!

Hope you guys have a great time!
  • Rainydaygirl1
    Rainydaygirl1 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Those do sound delicious. Unfortunately he doesn't like fruit much. Doesn't like feta or goat cheese or brie or anything fancy.
  • soozy_q
    soozy_q Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Me and my BF are having a picnic tomorrow too. Unfortunately no suggestions for you as everything I have made had fruits/veggies and spices : ( Just make him good old sandwiches with nice meats and cheeses?