Any Teachers (any level & especially online) in the House?

Options

Replies

• rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm an adjunct of College Writing and ESL at a New England university. I also teach a non-traditional program in New Hampshire for human services professionals that consists of 1 week-end of 9-5 classes a month, with everything else online. Currently, I'm teaching 3 courses at the university for the summer semester and 2 courses in the hybrid program. Typically, I teach 4 courses at the university in the fall. Still, I'm not considered a "full professor" because I have only a master's, and am paid a base rate paid on each course taught, no benefits, what a colleague of mine calls "the Wal-Mart employee of academia."
    Fortunately, the university has a recreational center with a full gym that I can use.
  • GhostDancer33
    GhostDancer33 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Me! I'm in the UK, I teach middle primary school. Age 9 - 10. Feel free to add me, anyone!
  • hannah4412
    hannah4412 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am about a year away from getting my early childhood ed/ dance ed degree. Currently teaching dance in a studio until I can move to a school setting.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    I'm an ESL teacher who teaches abroad (was in Russia last year and will either be in Russia or Andorra this coming school year - just waiting on some things to go through before I figure out where I'll be). I'll likely be doing some online English teaching once I get to wherever, to make some extra money on the side :)

I appreciate online professors, as I'm about to finish my Master's in Education .. all online! It makes my life much easier when I can do what I like - teach abroad - while still being able to do my Master's :)
  • sarabeth120
    sarabeth120 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I am a second year teacher. Last year, I taught sixth grade reading... this year I will be teaching both sixth grade reading and sixth grade social studies. I am actually looking forward to this year because I absolutely love social studies (I have a BA in History and minored in Geography).

I have been out of school for three years, but I spent the first year out of school subbing since I couldn't find a full time job!
  • IamMCM
    IamMCM Posts: 122
    Options
    What an amazing diversity of teachers here! I especially love seeing others who are doing it online. Teachers in the classroom have such busy schedules, so I'm very lucky that I can get away from my computer and to the health club for lunch time classes. It's taken away my "but I have no time to exercise" excuse.
  • zeleni
    zeleni Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Also a teacher! First year as the real deal.. Teaching k-4!
  • abagail101
    abagail101 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I teach in the early years. I am lucky to have a very active outdoor program. So if I don't get out and ride my bike at least I am able to get in a good walk for the day.
  • khara2012
    khara2012 Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Kindergarten teacher. I don't teach online but am seriously thinking about it. My middle schooler is a public school online kid...
  • cuckoo_jenibeth
    cuckoo_jenibeth Posts: 1,434 Member
    Options
    I used to teach kindergarten & was also a member of the severe special needs team for early childhood ed.
    Now I am a nurse...a school nurse!
  • curvygirl77
    curvygirl77 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    High school science teacher
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    I'm teaching 9th grade Science, English, World Geography, Geometry, Algebra 2, and Health this year.
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    DaughterOfTheMostHighKing Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    basic elementary teacher who has taught pre-k to 10th grade in a span of 20+ years, reg ed, sp ed, music, computer, pe, art…. yes, I am "old school". lol!!!! I get up @ 4am to exercise and then prep breakfasts and lunches for my family… then we're off!!!! lol!
  • dougall
    dougall Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Primary school and Secondary School

Science and Health and social care.

Wonder what the stats say on weight gain and the first 10 years of teaching lol!
  • caracrawford1
    caracrawford1 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Special ed, k-12, autism spectrum, and ELA and ELL grades 4-8
  • IamMCM
    IamMCM Posts: 122
    Options
    I'm an ESL teacher who teaches abroad (was in Russia last year and will either be in Russia or Andorra this coming school year - just waiting on some things to go through before I figure out where I'll be). I'll likely be doing some online English teaching once I get to wherever, to make some extra money on the side :)

I appreciate online professors, as I'm about to finish my Master's in Education .. all online! It makes my life much easier when I can do what I like - teach abroad - while still being able to do my Master's :)

That's one of the things I love about teaching online. I have students all around the U.S. and often abroad. I even had one student who was active duty military on a naval vessel! Obviously I cut him slack for delays due to internet connectivity problems.
  • Trey_Lee
    Trey_Lee Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi, I have a few friends that teach online, Florida Virtual School, and love it, like you. I teach language arts in a Florida public middle school. I'll be back in school in a couple of weeks.
  • ambsrose95
    ambsrose95 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm a Head Start Preschool Teacher in Arizona.
  • LULU4178
    LULU4178 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I teach middle school LAP reading (learning assistance program for struggling students). Wanted to say hi but don't want to talk about school until at least August 1!
  • kellyskitties
    kellyskitties Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Community college - nursing instructor.
    and love every minute of it :D