1st ever running sesh for a while

Options
hi , i went running last nyt for the 1st time in ages!!!!

i really enjoyed it but really struggle controlling my breathing, can any1 offer sum running tips and techniques?

Also i just wondered is running the best exercise for fat burning? xx

Replies

• laurenhunwick
    laurenhunwick Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hiya, good on ya for getting back into running I am doing the same and it's so hard at first. I went to a jogging club for a while a long time ago and the instructor said to breath in through your nose and out through your mouth steadily (which is quite hard when your out of breath) and they also said that if your breathing from the right place your stomach should go up and down so you should practise with your hand on your stomach to check until you get it! Had forgotten about that so your post was a good reminder thanks : )
  • catzybird
    catzybird Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Maybe slow down your pace until you get back to the level you were at
  • Black_Swan
    Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I hear that C25K is a wonderful thing for beginner runners, maybe check out whats that about!:)
  • nzingher
    nzingher Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I hear that C25K is a wonderful thing for beginner runners, maybe check out whats that about!:)

I agree - I used this app when I first trained for a 10K - it was briliant! I just did my first run in a while, and I tell you it was hard! Don't try to run what you used to when you were fit; it only takes 2 weeks to lose your fitness and 6 weeks to regain it (so I've been told)...

Enjoy the running!
  • mummum2
    mummum2 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Great taking up running, I also run and the advice is not to try and do it all at once, start with a walk, run, walk run...build up basically, and you should be able to hold a conversation, if not you're running too fast. Slow and steady, breath through your nose and out through your mouth....you will get the hand of it if you keep it up, before you know it you'll be able to run longer, but slowly and build up.