Wife wants my butt back

Options
Since I lost weight, my butt shrank. My wife is not happy about that. I'm working out every day and am seeing some results but she could care less about big arms and chest. She wants my booty back. Unfortunately it is the first thing to go and I'm not willing to gain back the beach ball belly to have the round booty. What exercises can I do to build back my glutes? I'm on a mission for booty building.

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Squats, with heavy weights.
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    squats, lunges, dead lifts... walking or running up hills or on an incline, and I've found going backwards on the elliptical with a higher resistance really works that area.
  • peadarorodaigh
    Options
    Squats, lunges, and in particular stiff-legged deadlifts all work the glutes. And, like any muscle, they will get bigger the more you lift with them. If you want a butt without having to eat your way back up the scales, thats the way to get one!
  • dathenfairley
    dathenfairley Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Leg press machines work great if you are concerned about hurting your knees and back. If not, then a squat works best
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I've lost most of my booty too. :grumble: stupid flat butt genetics.
    What I do have left is high and tight though!! :bigsmile:
    Everyone elses suggestions are great I'd say Romanian Dead-lifts and Mule Kicks or this variation (on all fours lift one leg so your thigh is parellel with the ground knee bent at 90* and press your heel toward the ceiling and BURN!!!) oo ooo and STAIRS!!!!

So yeah, Squats (add jump squats too!), weighted Lunges (forward, backward and with a twist), Standard deadlift, Romanian deadlifts, Mule Kicks, Leg press and stairs... work that little ghetto onion!! :bigsmile:
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Buttless here, too. Remind her that it's better you didn't loose all on top and became tiny on top to be a pear man! Keep working on it, it's not worth the beach ball belly or all that happens when you are unhealthy like that!
  • purple1butterfly
    purple1butterfly Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Buttless here, too. Remind her that it's better you didn't loose all on top and became tiny on top to be a pear man! Keep working on it, it's not worth the beach ball belly or all that happens when you are unhealthy like that!

On the biggest loser wii you can choose which part of the body to work out, you chave a choice on how long &hard you want to work out for. whole body, upper body, core, cardio, lower body yoga or make your own work out routine. I will make my own 1 soon.
  • ewiggin
    Options
    Kettlebell Swings
  • msbanana
    Options
    Kettlebell Swings

OOO! Good Call!! :bigsmile:
  • anovasjo
    anovasjo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    ... work that little ghetto onion!! :bigsmile:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • rayfromtx
    rayfromtx Posts: 111
    Options
    Kettlebell Swings

What in the world is that? Thanks for all the suggestions Y'all. I think skateboard squats as shown on Scoobysworkshop.com looks pretty safe and effective for my home workouts. Thanks anna. I'll try the mule kick thing tomorrow or the next day.
  • msbanana
    Options
    Ray,
    Kettlebells are AWESOME (and expensive). You can do these with a weight plate that has handles.
    Here's a handy instructional video! I:heart: youtube!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_h1QcHTkwdI
  • Fgillies
    Fgillies Posts: 194
    Options
    squats, lunges, dead lifts... walking or running up hills or on an incline, and I've found going backwards on the elliptical with a higher resistance really works that area.

Yay, walking/running on an incline helps the booty! WOHOO, not only is it a better workout for me personally, but ill be working on that booty too!! :) Good to know, because i too, have the flat booty syndrome!