Hello From Sydney Australia - Thinking I should add some fri

Options
Hi there,

I've been using the iPhone app for about 2 weeks and it's been really useful in keeping me in check.

Saw all the suggestions to add friends,which I figure is a good idea as you can compare and keep inspired. I randomly added a few people but think what better way, than to say hi here.

So here's my story:

I have recently been my heaviest at 106 kg about a month ago -
Got sick of having low fitness, feeling crap, and sweating so easily and from not doing much (embarrassing) so
Gave up smoking and started doing some of my own in home exercises. I lose 4kgs pretty quick but always hit a wall at 101kg

Realized it was my calorie intake that was the problem and started using the app at 101 ish kgs
Have been using the app for 2 weeks and it's made a great difference, really helps to realise how much is in different foods, and using the cardio tracker. It's not like some wacky diet, as you can eat junk food, just in smaller portions and/or with lots of cardio, to keep within your daily limit.

It's working! I'm down to 98kgs and I'm putting on muscle mass (which adds to weight), only after 2 weeks!

I'm past the wall and starting to get the "fitness kick" again instead of the pain, loving it, feeling good.

I'm starting up these boxing fitness classes in they do in Sydney and this should ramp up the cardio to get me looking lean and to my buff target weight in the high 80kg's in no time.

Feel free to add as a friend

Replies

• bekdavis
    bekdavis Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    you will love the app. this site is amazing & gives you the tools and support to shed the weight. ;)
  • hambulance
    hambulance Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome :)
  • strbryt
    strbryt Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    great job glad to hear that it is working for you. You should be proud of yourself. We are glad to have you here and are here to help you along the way. Believe me I need all the help I can get as well.
  • Harshberger24
    Options
    I just started as well.. GOOD LUCK!
  • secostley
    secostley Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your fitness efforts! Man, I miss Australia--lived in Melbourne for awhile years ago. I loved it!

Shawn