Success with carb cycling?

Options
I was wondering if anyone has had success with carb cycling to lose fat? I'm not trying to be a body builder, just trying to keep losing weight. I don't really eat THAT many carbs to begin with and when I do they're generally good carbs. I try and stay away from the white stuff as much as possible, though I do eat it sometimes. I know I cannot and don't want a strictly low carb diet. I love rice, breads, etc. I am thinking about giving this a try. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone's tried it and if so, what was your results?

Thanks!

Replies

• kgthomas24
    kgthomas24 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I started doing low Carb at the beginning of this year for more reasons than just losing weight. It is working. I only allow myself. 2 pieces of bread. A day and that is high fiber. I don't eat any refined sugar, sweets or white foods. If I want something chocolate. I drink hot chocolate. I eat lots of veg and fruits and salads. I do feel a lot better. I eat fruit and yogurt cereal in the morning or oatmeal from McDonald's. For breakfast. I don't have a set amount of carbs but I have but back tremendously.
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post, but I'm specifically referring to carb cycling. Like some days low carbs, some moderate, some high. I've seen different programs where some days are no carbs, etc.

Thanks!
  • PercyPig
    PercyPig Posts: 318
    Options
    I've just started my third week of carb cycling and have lost 5 pounds so far. I do three days of high protein / low carb followed by one day of high carb, then repeat the cycle.

Aside from the easy weight loss, one thing I am noticing is the huge amount of energy I have. I tend to wake up in the morning before my alarm and I feel rested! Obviously 2 weeks is not yet enough to know if it will work in the long-run or not but I am loving it so far. I try to eat 130-150 grams of protein on low carb days, which is making me feel really full so I generally don't struggle to stay under calories. And the carb days also allow me to have a bit of a "cheat" (even though I don't go overboard).
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I think I might try this out for a bit and see what happens!