Do I need a new scale?

Options
I have a digital scale, its a few years old... nothing expensive, not a special name brand but it use to do the job.
I always weigh myself in the same spot, same time, and right after I pee in the morning... so this morning i jumped on it and it said my weight... then I stepped on it again just to confirm and it was up by .8.... a third time and it was up by .6
thats 3 different readings within a min... do you think its time for a new scale?

Replies

• NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem with my scale. I honestly think it's just a thing with digital scales.
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Try changing the batterie.
  • michelletr
    michelletr Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem with my scale. I honestly think it's just a thing with digital scales.

i agree.. :)
  • bekdavis
    bekdavis Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    mine did that just before she died. I would have to jump on about 5 times just to be sure. I have recently bought a new scale & love it!!!
  • sing1998
    sing1998 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    i recently replaced my old style spring action scale with a digital. it gives the same dead on reading each and every time!
  • Nellie1drfl
    Nellie1drfl Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    What is a good scale? I always have that problem. Sometime a 3-4 lb difference, and always different depending in where I set the thing on the floor.
  • gebnpb
    gebnpb Posts: 166
    Options
    I have the same problem I think I'm going to go back to the old style scale.
  • jenifer4
    Options
    i've seen those more expensive scale's that have a bunch of different readings like body fat etc..
    maybe they are similar to weight watcher scales, do they tell you if your retaining water?
  • craek
    craek Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I don't trust digital scales. I use the dial kind. Those are the type that most doctors use (other than the tall scales) and are the most reliable. There is less of a chance of miss calculation. With a digital, you risk the battery dying, other profiles on the scale.
  • kgogolek
    kgogolek Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I stopped using my digital scales after the results would vary each time I used them.
    I got those salter scales now, and I would highly recommend them, they're really reliable

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0027ZXF4O?ie=UTF8&tag=morkas-21&link_code=as3&camp=2506&creative=9298&creativeASIN=B0027ZXF4O
  • tawtaw70
    Options
    DOES IT NEED A NEW BATTERY? OR COULD THE FLOOR BE UNEVEN MINE DOES THAT DEPENDING WHERE I PLACE IT IN THE BATHROOM! ITS QUITE COMICAL REALLY
  • lbarnett300
    Options
    I bought a balance beam scale like you see at the Doctor's office. It is a little pricey but, it is accurate.
  • dayh1ker
    dayh1ker Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I just ordered a new scale. Last weekend I weighed myself...13 times, and got 13 different results with weights as much as 3 pounds each way. I'm not even sure my starting weight was correct. Mine is a Weight Watchers scale and it's only three years old. I ordered an EatSmart scale based on the reviews at Amazon. We'll see if it works any better.
  • kjenn17
    Options
    I think it is a problem with digital scales - especially if you weigh in lbs. If you weigh in Kgs it tends to be a bit more stable.

Always out the scales on a hard surface - never carpet and always smile - it weighs less than a frown!!

SW 160
    CW 150
    GW 140
  • tinkerbell1964
    Options
    after reading this , i've just ordered my self some mechanical scales from amazon , as my old digital scales are very old and have always conflicted with my wii balance board
  • jenifer4
    Options
    I think it is a problem with digital scales - especially if you weigh in lbs. If you weigh in Kgs it tends to be a bit more stable.

Always out the scales on a hard surface - never carpet and always smile - it weighs less than a frown!!

SW 160
    CW 150
    GW 140

:)
  • crimsonaddict
    Options
    my scales are the best ever, if you're feeling a little depressed leave your socks on when you step on and it says you weigh about 4 - 5 Stone :D

ALSO, the wii balance board i have found to be really wrong most of the time.

Id recommend going to the supermarket and using their big ones, you have to pay 20p in the uk but at least you'll be able to tell if yours are about accurate.