So Very Discouraged

Options
13»

Replies

• meghanmetz
    Options
    Others can comment on the weight loss/gain etc. - but I just wanted to mention the fertility issue. As others have said, check with your doctor on the fertility. I have also always been overweight and when I was trying to have kids it took a few simple blood tests to find out that I wasn't ovulating, etc. Know the issues you're dealing with and then you can tackle them (which will likely include getting healthier/losing weight, etc,).

I ultimately had two healthy pregnancies via IVF. Sorry pregnancy isn't coming easy for you, I've been there!
  • Jlennhikes
    Jlennhikes Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Here is a guess from me about what might be happening. Summer vacation started and you are no longer running around at school so your activity level dropped. Then you started working out really hard for an hour so your daily activity actually dropped even more because you figure "I worked out hard so I can take it easy now". I wear a fitbit so I know I have a tendency to do the same thing...without a workout I might get 13000 steps in a busy day, but if I put in a good workout I will end up with 7000 or something because of tiredness or whatever. Also, you might be more hungry with the weight lifting.

Here is my advice for what it is worth (probably nothing). Stop going to the gym which you hate. Take a walk or something you might enjoy every day. Focus with laser beam intensity on your food which is where weight is gained or lost. That hour in the gym will not make up for what you are doing in the other 23 hours.

You don't need the gym to lose weight! You need to eat less calories. You can do it! :smile:

Sensible advice.
  • Gingergal12
    Gingergal12 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hang in there! Keep logging your food. Perhaps your doctor can test for insulin resistance. When I wasn't losing weight that was a factor. It will happen, keep the faith. :flowerforyou: