Seriously!? Seriously!? Turkey Chili recipe needed!!!

Options
For the love of something simple......All I want is a simple ground turkey, kidney bean, tomato, and spices recipe. The internet is full of fancy smancy recipes......white bean chili, chili with corn, chili with pumpkin.
I need one that is simple and has the serving size and nutritional information.

If you have one PLEASE SHARE it with me!
Thanks!!!

Replies

• AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Why not make one yourself? Sounds like you know what to do. Just check other recipes to get the correct kinds and ratios of spices and experiment with your own recipe.
  • chocolateandbutterscotch
    Options
    Why not make one yourself? Sounds like you know what to do. Just check other recipes to get the correct kinds and ratios of spices and experiment with your own recipe.

To lazy to do the work.....lol
  • Dhemeyer
    Dhemeyer Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Try the Body Beast Turkey Chili recipe... it's pretty straigh forward and super yummy :)
  • BeginningAgainMay14
    BeginningAgainMay14 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I made this with kidney beans instead of black and it was pretty good. Don't omit the cilantro garnish--with the canned tomatoes and the canned tomato sauce it really needs the hit of freshness.

http://www.jennieo.com/recipes/154-Black-Bean-Turkey-Chili

Ingredients
    1 (20-ounce) package JENNIE-O® Extra Lean Ground Turkey Breast
    1 cup chopped onion
    1 red bell pepper, cubed
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and minced, if desired
    1 tablespoon chili powder
    1 ½ teaspoons ground cumin
    1 ½ teaspoons ground coriander
    ½ teaspoon dried oregano leaves
    ½ teaspoon dried marjoram leaves
    ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, if desired
    2 (14 ½-ounce) cans low-sodium whole tomatoes, coarsely chopped
    1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
    1 (14 ½-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
    ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
    ¼ cup shredded low-fat Cheddar cheese

Directions
    In large stockpot, combine ground turkey, onion, bell pepper, garlic, jalapeño peppers, chili powder, cumin, coriander, oregano, marjoram and red pepper flakes. Cook turkey mixture as specified on the package. Always cook to well-done, 165°F. as measured by a meat thermometer.

Add tomatoes and tomato sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add beans and cilantro. Cook 10 minutes longer. Top with cheese.
    - See more at: http://www.jennieo.com/recipes/154-Black-Bean-Turkey-Chili#sthash.myBNPUGU.dpuf

Nutrition based on 6 servings:

Calories 210 Fat 2.5g
    Protein 29g Cholesterol 45mg
    Carbohydrates 24g Sodium 490mg
    Fiber 8g Saturated Fat 0.5g
    Sugars 8g
  • DeannaTN
    DeannaTN Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    The original recipe I had used ground beef. We tried it with ground turkey instead and loved it.

Ingredients:

2 pounds ground turkey
    1 cup chopped onion
    2 15-1/2 oz. cans red kidney beans
    2 16-oz. cans tomatoes
    1 6-oz. can tomato paste
    1 to 1-1/2 tablespoons chili powder
    2 teaspoons salt

In Dutch oven cook turkey and onion until meat is done and onions are tender. Drain kidney beans, reserving liquid. Add beans and remaining ingredients. Cover; simmer 1 to 1-1/2 hours. If desired, stir in some reserved bean liquid to make desired consistency. Serves 10.
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    You're looking for simple?

Chop a yellow onion and a bell pepper (any color....or use part of multiple colors) and (optional) a jalapeno into a small dice. Saute it in a large stock pot or dutch oven with a tiny bit of olive oil or butter. At the same time, brown 16-20 ounces of ground turkey. When the turkey is cooked and the onions and peppers are soft, use a slotted spoon to transfer the turkey to the pot with the veggies. Add in a chili seasoning packet and stir until the meat and veggies are totally coated with the mix. Add in a can of diced tomatoes with the juice (a large one if you like tomatoes) and a can of kidney beans, drained and rinsed. Add just enough chicken broth to cover. Bring to a boil, then simmer for at least 20-30 minutes, up to an hour or two (watch your liquid level).

That's more or less what I do, except that I do experiment with different veggies/beans/etc, and I make my own spice mix (the packets are typically pretty tasty and definitely easier, though, if high in sodium and expensive for what you're getting).
  • gviens
    gviens Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Super Simple Turkey Chili

1lb ground Turkey Breast
    1 can Black Beans - drain and rinsed
    1 can corn drained
    1 can Rotel tomato with chilis
    1 packet chili seasoning

Brown turkey in a skillet, mix all ingredients together in a pot, simmer for 30 minutes and enjoy
  • AllieBear88
    AllieBear88 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    http://chefmommy-brandao.blogspot.com/2011/01/classic-chili-slow-cooker.html

I use the whole can of tomato paste and add a little brown sugar to cut the tomato taste some. It's soooo good!
  • Momjogger
    Momjogger Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I make turkey chili all the time. I scramble it in a pan with salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder. Then I add leftover spaghetti sauce or any kind of canned tomatoes. I add black beans, kidney beans, onions, and corn. For spice I add chili powder or if I have canned or fresh chili peppers. Cooking times varies depending on if I used prepared sauce or canned tomatoes. Can't get easier than that. (I also use leftover cooked chicken or turkey and dice it up - if I use canned spag. sauce, chilis and beans it's even quicker)
  • buffywhitney
    buffywhitney Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Search "Spicy Turkey Chili" I just submitted it today :)
  • soupandcookies
    soupandcookies Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    This is a terrific recipe from Cooking Light magazine. There isn't a ton of turkey in it, but it's very delicious. I have never made the sour cream topping, because it doesn't need it, but I am including it, in case it interests you. This recipe is always a hit with company, too!

Black Bean Salsa Chili

2 (15-ounce) cans black beans, rinsed, drained, and divided
    2/3 cup water
    1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
    Cooking spray
    1/2 pound ground turkey
    1 cup chopped sweet onion
    1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
    1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
    3 sweet hickory-smoked bacon slices, chopped
    1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
    1 tablespoon ground cumin
    1 teaspoon dried oregano
    1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
    1 1/2 cups mild salsa
    3 tablespoons tomato paste
    1 (14-ounce) can fat-free, less-sodium beef broth
    1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
    1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
    1 teaspoon fresh lime juice

1. Combine 1 1/2 cups beans, 2/3 cup water, and sugar in a food processor; process until smooth. Combine bean puree and remaining beans in a bowl.
    2. Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add turkey; cook 3 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble. Remove turkey from pan.
    3. Add onion, bell peppers, and bacon to pan; cook 5 minutes or until bacon and onion are lightly browned. Return turkey to pan. Add chili powder, cumin, oregano, and crushed red pepper to pan; stir well to coat. Stir in bean mixture, salsa, tomato paste, and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
    4. Combine sour cream, cilantro, and juice in a small bowl. Serve chili with sour cream mixture.