Hungrier now that I've decided to have this lifestyle change

Options
So, before I decided to make a change in my life and loose this weight, I didn't really have a huge problem with eating a lot or all the time. Didn't have much of an appetite. I think it was more WHAT I was eating rather than how often. But now since I've began to eat the correct amount of meals daily and stay within my caloric intake goal....I have been sooooooo hungry. My stomach aches seriously. I have tried to drink water when it gets that way, but nothings helping. Is this normal? If u have experienced what did u do to make it stop?

Replies

• Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Eating foods rich with fiber helps keep you full longer : )
  • adorieble
    Options
    Is it possible that you are eating foods that quickly max out your calorie limits but aren't very filling? For instance, the other day we celebrated a birthday and had Papa Murphy's pizza. I ate less than usual, just one small slice of pepperoni and one small stuffed meat slice and that with a club salad took up the majority of my calories, fat, protein, sodium, etc for the entire day. By contrast, you can eat fresh fruits and veggies all day long and rack up very few calories. Some foods are just not very filling for what you get out of them. Oatmeal is a very good choice to stay satisfied longer, so are bananas which have a very low glycemic index. Hope this helps!!
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    What is your weight loss goal set at? (1 lb per week or more?) It might be a little too high for you to start out at. A lot of people need to start out a bit slower to let the body adapt.

Are you meeting your protein goals? If not, add more lean protein (chicken, fish, lowfat dairy). Also make sure you're getting enough good fats (avocado, nuts) and good carbs (fiber). Those will help you feel full longer.

You can also try eating 5-6 smaller meals, instead of 3 bigger ones. If you're hungry at the end of the day, try having dinner a little later.

You can make it work. Just stay strong and experiment a little. Might take a little time to figure out what works for you.
  • LWatson43
    LWatson43 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Try eating within an hour of you getting up in the morning and each a snack at 10:00 am lunch at noon a snack at 2:00 and dinner around five or six and then a small snack before you go to bed. If you do this you will find that you are not as hungry and you did not say anything about working out if you are doing that you will fill more hungry because you are burning more calories. Good Luck but please be careful of the snacks that you are having do fruit and nuts if you can and see how that work.
  • trueandgenuine
    Options
    Thank you all so much for your advice and suggestions. I think I will try to do the fruit snacks periodically through the day. I am nt much of a snacker and at the end of the sayd have calories remaining...possibly I need to be using them for healthy snacks. I have a 3,4. And 5 year old so I stay pretty busy during the day with them. I've started doing a few workout videos and hopefully soon plan to advanc ee to the gym. I will look into adding more fiber into my diet as well. Tyhats something I defibitely don't. Even take notice to until y'all mentioned it. But thanks hopefully these tips will help me.