Time to go to the mattresses!

Options

Replies

• ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member
    Options

4. Don't get discouraged and have fun!

1. Don't stop MFP. EVER. You'll be tempted to, but it's all a trap derived by our spiritual enemies and those scoundrels who talk at the movies (must smite them).

3. Find your muse. Whatever it is. Find that which will cause you to get from day to day, minute to minute, and help you reach your goals. For me it was simple. "If you don't change....you're going to DIE sooner than you want." Doesn't get much more basic than that.

2. Make friends and be accountable.

I don't know why I numbered those or made a list but figured once I was at that particular tree maybe I should shake it and see what falls out. :)

Obviously you numbered them because of OCD. But they were not in alphabetical order. I fixed it for you. :bigsmile:
  • Lilylee757
    Lilylee757 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    What a great post!
  • zericaaaaa
    zericaaaaa Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    i like the way you think ;) congrats on your loss. its very inspiring! i just recently hopped back on the MFP bandwagon again, my streak is now at 60 days! feels soooo good to be back. lets support each otha
  • BaDaSsBrUnEtTe
    BaDaSsBrUnEtTe Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I love the godfather...that is all.
  • rugrat1mi
    rugrat1mi Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Wonderful post! :smile:

I hope I remember to follow your advice.
    I'm a veteran member of the "tried and failed" club myself so I can relate!

Not this time though dammit. For ALL of us! Was it over when the German's bombed Pearl Harbor? HELL NO! AND IT AIN'T OVER NOW! :)

And we're just the guys (gals) to do it!
  • MaggieGirl135
    MaggieGirl135 Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Way too funny! I loved your post. I have been thinking for a while that I am a ‘taster’, too, using another poster’s term. I eat because I like how it tastes! I agree with your exhortation to continue with MFP. I dropped about 12 pounds over three months, stopped logging for the next three (Hello? Was I even at goal weight?), regained it over the following eight months, and here I am again. If-my-computer-doesn’t-know-then-it-doesn’t-count mentality is not particularly accurate! I would wish you the best of luck in reaching your goals, but we all know on MFP that it isn’t luck. Here’s to working hard! (Pretend that I am tech savvy enough to add a drink lifting / smiling emoticon here).
  • shadowjack1965
    shadowjack1965 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Obviously you numbered them because of OCD. But they were not in alphabetical order. I fixed it for you. :bigsmile:
    LOL thanks for the help!
  • shadowjack1965
    Options
    What a great post!
    Why thank you!
  • shadowjack1965
    Options
    i like the way you think ;) congrats on your loss. its very inspiring! i just recently hopped back on the MFP bandwagon again, my streak is now at 60 days! feels soooo good to be back. lets support each otha
    I'll happily support anyone! Thank you for your kind words!
  • shadowjack1965
    Options
    Way too funny! I loved your post. I have been thinking for a while that I am a ‘taster’, too, using another poster’s term. I eat because I like how it tastes! I agree with your exhortation to continue with MFP. I dropped about 12 pounds over three months, stopped logging for the next three (Hello? Was I even at goal weight?), regained it over the following eight months, and here I am again. If-my-computer-doesn’t-know-then-it-doesn’t-count mentality is not particularly accurate! I would wish you the best of luck in reaching your goals, but we all know on MFP that it isn’t luck. Here’s to working hard! (Pretend that I am tech savvy enough to add a drink lifting / smiling emoticon here).
    The "taste addiction" is a major downfall.
  • phyllb
    phyllb Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I feel more like my golden retriever, who eats anything anytime...I want to be more finicky. :grumble:

The new term for me is "conscious eating" so gotta keep posting.....
  • shadowjack1965
    Options
    I feel more like my golden retriever, who eats anything anytime...I want to be more finicky. :grumble:

The new term for me is "conscious eating" so gotta keep posting.....
    Our success only comes when we win the battle of the mind. One of the toughest fights we'll ever face.

The good news is you can do it! I have faith in you. ;)
  • ShinyFuture
    ShinyFuture Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Was it over when the German's bombed Pearl Harbor? HELL NO! AND IT AIN'T OVER NOW! :)

]
    [/quote]
    Clearly you're not a fan of "Animal House" my friend. Classic quote from John Belushi. :)
    [/quote]

Surely he must be joking - who could forget such a classic! And thanks, now 'Shout' is playing in my head.

edit: no idea why it wouldn't quote properly
  • Soozy31
    Soozy31 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    That was very funny! Congrats on your milestone today!
  • Coolfloridian
    Coolfloridian Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    amen
  • shadowjack1965
    Options
    That was very funny! Congrats on your milestone today!
    Thank you! Everyone keep up the good work!
  • shadowjack1965
    Options

Clearly you're not a fan of "Animal House" my friend. Classic quote from John Belushi. :)

Surely he must be joking - who could forget such a classic! And thanks, now 'Shout' is playing in my head.
    I know, right? LOL
  • shadowjack1965
    Options
    amen
    Indeed!
  • shadowjack1965
    Options
    Was it over when the German's bombed Pearl Harbor? HELL NO! AND IT AIN'T OVER NOW! :)

edit: no idea why it wouldn't quote properly
    Your quote had a [/quote] in both locations, the first location needs just [ quote ] (without the spaces) then the second gets the slash.

• shadowjack1965
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Time for a little victory dance...

mj7h3dphnuto.png