Hi everyone!

Options
My name is Sharon. I started my diet yesterday, and feel better already! This site is interesting and motivating, and if we're busy typing on here, then we're not eating!!
My aim is to lose one stone. I exercise a lot and love it as I have a brilliant gym locally and it gives me a good social life, and we are all there to lose weight/keep the weight off and improve/maintain our fitness level.
My downfall is food. I love it! But am ashamed to say I have been eating for England over the past few months, and my weight has risen as a result, and I'm hoping to nip it in the bud by dieting and continuing my exercise regime.
This is day 2, and 3lbs have come off already, although this is not surprising, as you are supposed to lose this on average during day one and two, as this is mostly water, so I expect to lose less each day from now on.
I'm aware that diet and exercise is the key to a healthy weight and fitness level, and I find that the diet bit is the hardest.
To reach my goal, I will not be eating the foods I usually stuff myself with, ie: cakes biscuits chocolate and sweets. Yesterday, I went shopping and was surprised at how many healthy and interesting choices are out there! Spent a fortune, but hey! I have lots of healthy alternatives to the forbidden foods, so am reassured I wont go hungry.
We can do this!

Replies

• pyknicpie
    Options
    Welcome Sharon. Congratulations on losing some weight already.

I just joined too and have a similar motivation to you although have only lost one pound since Sunday. Christmas and the miserable weather always make me less active so Ill be trying to do much more and the sun is shining here today.

Good luck on reaching your goals.

All the best
    Nick
  • siriusciel
    siriusciel Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Hello,

Welcome to MFP! I can tell you from my own experience, this website has changed my life!! It has given me all the tools and support to help me on my way to my goals. I hope you find this same success as you try to reach your goals. Everyone on here is so great and supportive, and these boards are a wealth of inspiration, hope and motivation. I wish you good luck on your journey!

Take care!
    ~Shannon
  • Jasdramaqueen
    Jasdramaqueen Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hey Sharon, welcome! Add me as a friend if you'd like a motivator!