Hey Everyone! :) Any others wanting to lose more than 100lbs

Options
My name is Laci, I'm almost 26 and finally serious about weight loss. Would love to meet or just chat with others In this lifestyle change for the long haul- I have 115 lbs. I want to lose- but I'm not setting a date because I want this to be a diet change I make for the rest of my life, not just to lose some weight fast and gain it back. I'm being realistic and setting my goal at 2 lbs a week, hoping to lose at least 1 pound a week. I unfortunately suffer from a painful skin disease and can't work out like normal people- thus I went into further depression and have gained 50 lbs over the last 5 years.. and well- I'm done being this big- and I can't control my exercising, but I CAN control my diet. :) I love cooking and baking so I'm hoping to find others with some great recipes and advice for losing the weight but still being able to make some delish meals! :)

Replies

• life1979_24
    life1979_24 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    sent you a friend request. we have about the same goals. together we can all get this done
  • MaggieGiamalvo
    MaggieGiamalvo Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on making the decision to get healthy! MFP is a great tool to help get you there! I've been using it since Halloween and love it. There are a lot of great people here that are willing to help support you on your journey. If you have questions, check the message boards. If you don't see your question asked, ask it. You'll get a reply pretty quickly.

Oh, and don't worry about not being able to exercise vigorously. I've lost just by watching what I eat and haven't set foot in a gym. It's possible... just keep up the PMA... Positive Mental Attitude.

Expect success!
  • WhitneyW78
    WhitneyW78 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    You are so right to think of this as a lifestyle change and NOT a diet. Diets just don't work. Simple math... if you eat less calories than you burn throughout the day by just doing daily activities, you will lose weight. No need for weird diets or paying too much money for something that may work for a moment, but won't last.

Good luck to you! You definitely made a great first step by joining this site! :D
  • xlacijeanx
    xlacijeanx Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the friend requests and welcome! And congrats to those of you who've lost some weight- I can't wait to notice my clothes fitting looser- my closet is full of clothes I can't fit in anymore- it's going to be like a whole new wardrobe slowly- because I think I have a bunch of different sizes lol.
  • siriusciel
    siriusciel Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Hello,

Welcome to MFP! I can tell you from my own experience, this website has changed my life!! It has given me all the tools and support to help me on my way to my goals. I hope you find this same success as you try to reach your goals. Everyone on here is so great and supportive, and these boards are a wealth of inspiration, hope and motivation. I wish you good luck on your journey!

Take care!
    ~Shannon
  • kentuckylily
    Options
    I joined the site pretty recently as well, along with a few of my friends. Most of my friends only need to maintain or maybe want to lose a few pounds, but it's still really encouraging that they've joined. I have about 140-150 pounds I'm done carrying around. I've had a lifelong battle with weight, though it was the opposite problem before. I had anorexia through my teens and though I was underweight, thought I was massive. I started binge eating in my early 20s. It started as bulimia. Poor self esteem, a bad marriage, health problems... it all added up to massive weight gain. I packed on about 150 pounds over 7-8 years. Now I've gotten my head screwed on straight again and I am ready to clean up the mess I made of myself. I'm so excited to be losing weight already, and can't wait to feel and look good again!
  • MadeToCraveHIM
    MadeToCraveHIM Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Hello! I have over 100 lbs to lose too. MFP has been a breath of fresh air to me on my weightloss journey. You get encouragement and accountability on here and it helps you track your food intake and exercise. I love it! I've sent you a friend request :bigsmile:
  • xlacijeanx
    Options
    I have to say- now that I am adding friends, the status feed is really going to help- just a few words of encouragement go a long way! :) Thanks for all the adds! I'm so excited to finally do this for real. It's encouraging to see the success stories, and that exercise isn't everything, that changing my diet alone will help me lose weight. I wanted to get LapBand surgery- but was unable- no more quick weight loss for me, all about the long haul now! :)
  • hope39
    hope39 Posts: 19
    Options
    Glad you joined! This place is amazing. I too have over 100 pounds to lose. Started a week ago and already seeing results. I will send a friends request.
  • mrs_km
    mrs_km Posts: 46
    Options
    Hey,

I want to lose about 12-14lbs to get to my first goal then lose more but also make it a lifestyle change. I feel I need regular motivation. I would love to add you as a friends.. If thats ok.. x x x
  • xlacijeanx
    Options
    Our goals are almost the same yay! :)
  • LM_105
    LM_105 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Welcome, and free to add me to your support group if required! You can do it!
  • xlacijeanx
    Options
    Been almost a week- ekkkk seems weird to say that already..lol I'm off to Fresh & Easy to pick up more healthy ingredients for my meals to cook.. Feeling good about this! Haven't lost anything yet but I feel better and am still motivated. Going to buy a new work out outfit and hopefully new shoes soon too to keep myself motivated ot go on my nightly walks! Hope you're doing good! :)
  • julianpoutram
    julianpoutram Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I could do with losing 200 lbs i reckon! hahaha But id love to have some people to talk to about it on the way to my goal! :) Added!
  • downtome
    downtome Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I am also on a journey to lose 155 pounds! Since I have joined MFP I have lost 29 pounds, hopefully more by tomorrows weigh-in! This site is so motivating and inspirational, the people here are very helpful and caring. I find that when I want to eat at night mostly, it's my downfall, night eating, I come to this site and just read or post comments, it seems to keep me grounded! I have psoriasis and that is very painful as well. I have recently been taking a medicine called Stelara and it has been a God send! My psoriasis have cleared up 100%. I was so depressed about the psoriasis that I didn't care about how I looked and just kept gaining weight. I swore that if it was gone I would start to take better care of myself. Well, when it cleared up, finally, I still didn't get on a diet right away. It took my exhusband to have a girlfriend right after our divorce to get my *kitten* in gear. I am so happy I finally made the decision to eat better and lose weight, I still don't feel 100% but I'm starting to feel much better with each passing day! So stick with it and don't worry about the scale not moving, just keep coming back here everyday and stay focused on what you have to do. We are all here for support and motivation. You can do this! Add me as a friend if you like. I have a long journey ahead too.
    Denise
    P.S. I also have many different sizes of clothing in my closet. It will be like going shopping at a store as I keep losing weight. I'm so excited, I still have items with price tags on them! Cute items at that!
  • 1derwhy
    1derwhy Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm in that same boat! I'd like to ultimately lose 100 pounds over the next several years, but I'm doing it in small steps. My first step is a 35-pound weight loss. A pound a week is all i ask!

I just started MFP - I got the app for my android phone and it's so easy to keep track of what I've eaten throughout the day. It lets me "budget" calories like I do my paychecks. I'm going to lunch with my new co-worker tomorrow, so I've planned a light dinner for that night, so I can "afford" to eat restaurant food at lunch. (Of course, my choice of food at the restaurant is important, too!)

What's sad is that I work for a non-profit organization that specializes in physical fitness and athletics!! I work across the street from our gym! I can go work out any time! But I don't... because I'm too embarrassed to go in there with all those people who are so in shape.
  • kimcat73
    kimcat73 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I've got over 100 more to lose too! Welcome!
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Another over 100 pound weight-loss goal here! Even with this loss I'll still be considered "overweight" but I'll be okay with that, because I'll be at MY goal and that's what matters!