Jillian Michaels is fat

Options
MissAnjy
MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
Well, not anymore, HOWEVER, in one of the first seasons of the Biggest Loser, Jillian Michaels talked about her own struggle with weight during her life, and at one point .. was fat. I know this might sound petty or unnecessary (maybe that's why it hasn't been done before) but is it just me, or would you LOVE to hear HER story? Watching this show, we feel like we know so much about Jillian, how tough a trainer she is, how inspiring she is, how she can get deep into peoples emotions and yank them out ... but I'd LOVE to hear Jillian's story about what makes her tick. Why did she become a personal trainer? Why was she over weight? What happened to change her life? How has she maintained all these years? What inspires HER!!

It's always nice to know that a trainer has 'been where you are before' and 'understands your weight struggle' instead of thinking that someone is training you who has never been fat, doesn't understand the struggle & knows about weight gain, and emotional eating only through book reading. I think it would be inspiring to see where JM came from, and see how far she's come. A lot of people i'm sure, look at JM and think, wow she's probably always been fit .... but it's not true. It would be motivating to see her BEFORE, already knowing her NOW to realize that you CAN get yourself back, you can get in tip top shape after a fall into obesity or being overweight, and that someone you looked up to ... has been there & done that.

Anyone agree? Anyone seen pictures of Jillian BEFORE?

Replies

• kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    I had one of her older DVD's and she talks about being really fat as a middle schooler and showed a photo! Her transformation is amazing! I heart her. I enjoy her "tough love" approach! Tonight is a new episode! :) yay!
  • forgiven4life
    Options
    I remember her saying that she had a struggle and I believe they showed like one picture where she was a little chubby. But I searched the web trying to find before pictures of her and I just couldn't find any. But yes, I would love to hear her story and see before and afters.
  • aehenson
    Options
    I have googled trying to find a fat pic of her but never had success.
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Yes, I often think about that while I'm doing her DVD's. Would love to see her "before" pictures. And I wonder how she maintains her motivation. Obviously, she's got a lot of money riding on it. But she had to get there somehow. She has definitely earned her money and her physique.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Check out this link:

http://www.popeater.com/2010/06/17/jillian-michaels-redbook/

Now, I don't know if that pic is ACTUALLY her as a teen. The net sometimes isn't the most accurate source of information. If it is though she has certainly come a long way...
  • CrazyKylie
    Options
    I read one of her books and she talked about her struggles in it. It told the whole story of how she became a trainer too. I think there were a couple of pictures too. It may have been the Master Your Metabolism book, but I don't remember for sure. I know, I am a lot of help, right? haha
  • PokenStick
    Options
    She has a chapter in her book Master Your Metabolism. She talks about her parents getting a divorce, her weight being put on, and her love of karate that transformed her. She then talks about her first season of Biggest Loser and how she was depressed.

I found that first chapter to be really insightful to who she is. However it is a very small part of the book.
  • chezul
    chezul Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    http://www.examiner.com/weight-loss-in-national/jillian-michaels-news-shred-it-with-weights-dvd-out-fall-all-star-game-5k-redbook-cover-girl

I didn't know that..... i have more tolerance of her now knowing that this wasn't always easy for her... well done jillian
  • StaceG1986
    Options
    I've seen a pic of her before (one of the ones above I think, who knows if it actually is her though), but I would love to hear her story, also.
  • purple1butterfly
    purple1butterfly Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I've seen a pic of her before (one of the ones above I think, who knows if it actually is her though), but I would love to hear her story, also.

I would love to find out her story & maybe meet her.
  • HotMomma86
    Options
    If you google it, you can find her story and pictures. I've seen them before because after I started working out, I heard she used to be fat. So curiosity got the better of me and I went looking.

http://www.popeater.com/2010/06/17/jillian-michaels-redbook/
  • Sunny_Lexie
    Sunny_Lexie Posts: 114
    Options
    She did such a great job then, it's even more inspiring!!!
  • three36love
    three36love Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere that she said she got in trouble for sneaking in a bag of Cheetos to her Karate class and that's when she knew she had to change. She's very inspiring!
  • SWEETNESS60
    SWEETNESS60 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I saw her story when she had that show when she went to peoples homes and helped them lose weight! It was actually interesting
  • fouchou09
    fouchou09 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Just found this, not much about her, but there are two before pics. Plus, I just love Ellen and Jillian :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0CVJ1n4aL0