Exercise in "day clothes"

Options
hey I was wondering if anyone else exercises in their regular clothes?

Like jeans and t-shirt because I can walk for 30 minutes between classes on the treadmill!

Is that weird? I see people do that at the gym all the time I'm just wondering if anyone else exercies in non-gym clothes.

Replies

• amarti24
    amarti24 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You might want to check with your gym if they will allow you to do that.

I work at a gym and we do not allow people to workout in street clothes.

On that note. I have a question for you:
    What kind of mind frame will you be in during your workout because you did not change? Would you push yourself in your everyday clothes in your workouts? Sometimes what we wear is how we make ourselves feel. When we go on a date or interview we dress up for reason. The same should be thought of for working out.

If it is something you'd prefer to do don't let what I say sway you from not working out. In the long run getting that workout in is what counts.
  • angel2296
    angel2296 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    As long as you are moving, who cares what you are wearing! I play Wii for my exercise and rarely change clothes just to do that. :wink:
  • ejsmith7
    ejsmith7 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I will if I go for a walk at work, but if I'm doing a "sweaty" workout, I wear workout attire.

Don't let your clothes prevent you from getting some exercise in...go for it !! :smile:
  • jewelzz
    jewelzz Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I say if it gets you going and its available between your classes DO IT!!!:bigsmile:
  • crobertson1916
    Options
    My gym allows people to workout in their day clothes. I personally don't do it cause I can't stand the fact of having sweaty jeans. However, when I worked at an office, I would go to the gym on my lunch hour. I would allot myself 5-10 minutes to change into my gym clothes and back into my work clothes. I would just put my gym bag in my car every morning before leaving for work. You might want to consider doing something like that instead.
  • givprayz
    givprayz Posts: 328
    Options
    I get sweaty doing anything over a slow walk, plus I have more freedom of movement in shorts and a tank top, so I always wear "special" clothes to work out, but I say, wear whatever is comfortable.
  • Black_Swan
    Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Uh, I change even when I do pilates at home. I want something comfortable and that i can sweat in...:)
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    If it works for you, then that's all that matters!
  • indycello
    indycello Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Yeah today I took a long walk on the treadmill in my street clothes during my 90 minute break between classes.