How obsessive about counting calories at the end of the day?

Options
Hey, everyone! I couldn't think of how to title this question. :)

At the end of the day, yesterday, I had about 50 net calories left. I know that it's important to eat your net calories..but, how obsessive should one get about it? 50 doesn't sound like much, and I could see how it might be difficult to balance to the exact calorie count every day. How obsessive should I be about this? Any guidance, anyone?

Thanks,

Rick

Replies

• BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    MOO...don't be obsessive about it. 50 calories is less calories than a medium orange. As long as you weren't hungry at all yesterday then you did well. You should never get those hunger pains.
  • Tomlette
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about 50 calories. I agree with Desirai, if you didn't feel hungry, and you had that left over, the kudos to you!! Those are the kind of habits that's been helping me loose, and will probably help you, too.
  • LFern
    LFern Posts: 141
    Options
    The calories are just a estimate by MFP - if you are under it should be a good thing in my opinion. I shoot to be under every day because the way I look at it - if what they suggest will get me to my goal, then going under will get me there a little quicker!

I haven't been hungry yet on this plan and I'm loving that every little thing we do COUNTS!

Good Luck to you on your journey!
  • Black_Swan
    Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Some days im slightly over, other days im slightly under, so i dont stress about it too much:)
  • 2hdesign
    2hdesign Posts: 153
    Options
    I would say for 50 calories, don't worry about it. MFP calories aren't exact...
  • IndyRick
    IndyRick Posts: 172
    Options
    Thanks, everyone. I figured that if I'm close, I'm ok...and y'all confirmed that! Thank you so much!
  • Syracusedog
    Options
    Rick,
    I wouldn't be too concerned about the calories left over. When you throw exercise into the mix you gain extra calories back anyway. For me, I found it hard at the end of the night to spend all those extra calories before bed. Now that I lost ten pounds the program has told me,"I have lost the weight a little too fast and maybe i need to reevaluate my goals". I think 50 calories is fine, if it was 200 that's a different story. I average about 50 calories a night leftover too. If you are looking for a easy way to regain calories, and not burn yourself out, I would recommend this program easy to do and you don't have to be a athlete to complete the program! It helped me in the past to lose weight and I am thinking about alternating it in with the nights I don't do karate. This is the web site: http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml Hope this helps on your journey and losing your desired weight! -Jay