Eating back exercise calories

Options
I have started eating back my exercise calories and my weight wont budge any-more, has anyone else had this problem? it's nice to be able to at more and know you earned it but it is worth it? today i am 1lb up, i also don't go to the toilet as much since i started eating them back :angry:

6'1
202lb
Daily calorie goal = 1500
Daily calories burned from exercise 100-400

Replies

• scb515
    scb515 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Are you eating back 100% of your exercise calories? How are you calculating them?
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I have started eating back my exercise calories and my weight wont budge any-more, has anyone else had this problem? it's nice to be able to at more and know you earned it but it is worth it? today i am 1lb up, i also don't go to the toilet as much since i started eating them back :angry:

6'1
    202lb
    Daily calorie goal = 1500
    Daily calories burned from exercise 100-400

Could be a few things. Has your sodium intake increased? That can make you gain water weight.
    Another thing is, how are you calculating your calories burned through exercise? A heart rate monitor? MFP? You could be seeing the wrong amount burned, and then eating too many calories.

Also, try to go off of measurements instead of your scales.
  • fittyinthemaking
    fittyinthemaking Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    i use 'map my fitness' app on my phone and the calorie counter on my exercise bike, most days i do eat them all back so i suppose this could be the reason, ill have to start only eating half of them back and see if that makes a difference
  • focused4health
    focused4health Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    You have lost 56 lbs. Why change?:smile:
  • fittyinthemaking
    fittyinthemaking Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    You have lost 56 lbs. Why change?:smile:

because i would like to eat a bit more (guilt free)
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Success with eating back calories requires accurate intake and burn numbers. Too many people underestimate what they eat while overestimating what they expend.