Daily logger from London, UK (veggie & gym convert)

Options
scb515
scb515 Posts: 133 Member
Been here a few months and only just got around to posting here!

I'm a Brit, specifically a Londoner, and I log daily - it keeps me accountable. Having met my first goal (BMI of 25), losing a little more is proving harder than I expected. I think I'd like to shed another half stone, but haven't decded for sure yet.

I go to the gym once a week and I've recently gone meat-free. Ran my first 5k recenly and have signed up for another in September. Trying to treat this as a new way of life and not a faddy diet. I do not want to spend my life yo-yoing.

Looking to share support with other similar minded people - doesn't matter if you're at the start of your journey or you're further along, we're all going the same way.

If you send me a FR, please let me know a little about yourself i.e. what we've got in common.

Good luck, everyone! :)

Replies

• icanimustiwill14
    Options
    Hi!! Just sent you an add request :) I am a newbie here... I have 70 -80 lbs to lose! Much harder task now that I am over 40... but I am determined!
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Having met my first goal (BMI of 25), losing a little more is proving harder than I expected. I think I'd like to shed another half stone, but haven't decded for sure yet.
    The last few pounds come off really slowly. Set your goal to the slowest rate (in pounds, it's .5 lb. per week), and be patient. The smaller deficit will also help you transition to maintenance.
  • scb515
    scb515 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Thanks, have added both of you:)
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I know you've been here a few months. Have you taken "before" photos & measurements? Did you read the Sexypants post? http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-Sexypants