I haven't stepped on a scale in 6 years

Options
Hello,
I'm new to this website but wanted to join. I haven't stepped on a weigh scale in about 6 years. I struggled with anorexia in the later part of high school and when I realized what I had done to my body I decided to not worry about my weight anymore. Now I am 23, almost 24. I have never thought about weight anymore since my high school days. However, now that I have overcome the past, I realize I should face reality and probably step on the weigh scale just to see how much I weigh. Unfortunately though, I am very hesitant to because I'm afraid of having a very large number. I was just wondering if anyone would have a guess on what I would weigh (I know it's not going to be very accurate, but I'm sure it would fit in the 20lb mark or so). I'm female, 6'0", wear size 28 denim jeans (6-8 on dress sizes), and have low muscle, and am healthy. Just an estimate would be nice. I don't want to be afraid of a weigh scale for the rest of my life.

Replies

• LumberJacck
    LumberJacck Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    As a guesstimate, using this photo http://www.ebay.com/itm/ASOS-WOMENS-Warehouse-Textured-Zip-Back-Dress-BLACK-UK-SIZE-12-US-SIZE-8-/251378726564
    I'd guess BMI of 20, implying your weight would be around 137-157 pounds.
  • ShaneK1994
    ShaneK1994 Posts: 22
    Options
    You have nothing to worry about, by that info you sound very healthy
  • Fatandfifty3
    Fatandfifty3 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Why don't you get a friend to read the scale for you and tell you if you are in a healthy weight range for a woman of your height. You don't need to know the actual number. Or, this is just an idea but maybe you should discuss this whole topic with your doctor.
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    I am a 6' female. I could tell you what I weighed when I was about your size. But I'm not going to do it, because you are not yet ready to step on a scale. Your profile says you want to lose 30 pounds. Are you kidding??? Seriously, you are still having problems with anorexia. My advice: DO NOT STEP ON THAT SCALE!!!
  • EEEXYZ
    EEEXYZ Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! Don't worry amflautist, I wasn't setting a goal to lose weight, I just needed to type in something to post on this forum. If I weigh 140-155, that's fine. I just need something to be honest on my driver's license and such, since I still am scared to step on a scale. Thank you for your replies. I just want to be healthy. But I will take your advice Amflautist to not step on a scale. If you guys think I'm at a healthy weight then I will just stay away. Thanks again! You boosted my confidence.