what area did you first see a difference in

Options
mrmarius
mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
when you started losing weight? for me it was my legs i have always had big muscular legs so when they began to look skinny i was surprised lol but thats where it started followed bymy face.

Replies

• princessmikayla5
    princessmikayla5 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Definitely my stomach. I really haven't noticed a difference anywhere else unfortunately. I really need it gone off the hips and butt to fit into old jeans.
  • Jonquil125
    Options
    I've definitely seen a difference in my arms and also my tummy is a lot flatter...mostly though I've noticed a difference in the way my clothes fit which is nice :)
  • jewelzz
    jewelzz Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    chest!not good for a girl:huh:
  • darla499
    darla499 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Other people noticed it in my face and neck first. I couldn't see it.

I noticed it in my stomach and legs first. I still couldn't "see" it in the mirror, but I felt it in my pants and dropped a few sizes.

I'm now at the point where I can see it in my stomach ... but it took nearly a 60 pound loss for me to really be able to see it in my reflection. However, I was extremely heavy (over 300 lbs) so I think it just takes longer to notice than in someone who isn't so heavy.

Best of luck to you!
  • Ashia1317
    Ashia1317 Posts: 415
    Options
    My hips. Still working on the tummy area ...
  • humpco07
    humpco07 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Legs, Butt and Love Handles
  • 2hdesign
    2hdesign Posts: 153
    Options
    I agree with the "can't see" it but I can "feel" it must be coming from my tummy/waist/hips a bit because my pants are fitting better. I do take measurements, but over the last two weeks they haven't really changed (even though I've lost 7 pounds). Bodies are interesting things!
  • secostley
    secostley Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I noticed it in my waist, but friends/family noticed in in my face.
  • Myantek
    Options
    I feel like I lose from the extremities in, My fingers and wrist feel smaller (my rings and my watch are fitting better). I may have lost some from my waist/hips as my pants are starting to get loose.

My mom noticed my weight loss having not seen me for a few months but no one else has said anything.
  • jessimacar
    Options
    I've lost a bit in my middle.. Mostly my sides. I can see my collarbones a little more clearly then before too.. 24lbs lost, and I don't really see anything substantial lost yet.
  • lastchance2010
    lastchance2010 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    tummy, hips and booty.
  • fitnesspirateninja
    fitnesspirateninja Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    The first difference I noticed was actually my mood and energy level - I noticed a dramatic change within the first two weeks of changing my diet and starting to exercise.

But as far as my physical appearance goes - my thighs were the first thing to really get slender. I started getting a ton of compliments. I walk a lot, and do a lot of squats and lunges, so I think that I toned that area. After that, my stomach/hips and face changed a lot.
  • reesepieces
    reesepieces Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    my calves and love handles and double chin! :)

my double chin is starting to look like a regular chin now! yay!
  • hotpickles
    hotpickles Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Upper body, definitely! I can see a major difference (so can my shirts - NOT good hahahah). I guess it's a start, right?
  • BaseballMom18
    Options
    For me it was in my face, waist, and chest.
  • BobL436
    BobL436 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Same here.....legs and face first.....
  • nikkishai
    nikkishai Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Well, besides internal confidence and pride... on the outside I first saw a difference in my waist... then I saw the cut in my arms... I'm waiting for the thighs and hips to catch up to the rest of my successes...
  • sonya0708
    Options
    my tummy and since i just had a baby 9 mths ago it needs to go lol
  • BrownEyedG1rl
    BrownEyedG1rl Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I really haven't noticed anything yet, but my dad said to me this past weekend, "Are you losing weight, your face looks thinner". :smile: Made me happy!
  • BuceesNana
    BuceesNana Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    My sides and my back. And my bras fit better (not so tight around my torso)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!