Low carb breakfast ideas?

Options

Replies

• Leana93412
    Leana93412 Posts: 162
    Options
    Try this muffin. I am doing Adkins now and missing my bread. This is the cure!!!! I make them sweet (like the recipe) or savory wiht herbs and cheese. Good luck!!!!!

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=1397771

I've went to check the supermarkets today and unfortunately where I live we don't have anything flax. No flax meal no flax seeds. We don't even have coconut oil. :huh:
  • Cerakoala
    Cerakoala Posts: 2,547 Member
    Options
    I do an omelet with veggies and turkey sausage usually :)
  • icrushit
    icrushit Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    I have full fat probiotic yoghurt, mixed with two handuls of berries, and half a cup of nuts and seeds every morning. Not super low carb, but with 100g of yoghurt, 2 handfuls of berries, 4 tbsp of chopped/ ground seeds (flax/ sunflower/ pumpkin/ hemp/ chia), and 4 tbsp of chopped nuts (almonds & brazils), it works out at about 15g net carbs. An easy breakfast, I usually mix the berries and yoghurt the night before, and add the seeds and nuts in the morning.
  • giannisgaz
    Options
    greek low fat yogurt with tahini the best
  • Leana93412
    Options
    And we also do not have greek yogurt. Just regular plain. (You know, not mentioning the flavoured ones.) SOMETIMES belgarian, but it's very very rare.

But I substitute greek yogurt with plain cottage cheese and just add some sweetener or honey. Viola. Protein packed, not much calcium in it though but that's fine. I get that from drinking milk.

Edited for bad grammar.
  • giannisgaz
    Options
    then try tahini with cottage i m not quite familiar with the paleo
  • giannisgaz
    Options
    if you dont know what tahini is search it that thing is magic especialy for ketogenic diets
  • sculli123
    sculli123 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Steak and eggs.

An omlette.

Protein crepes. There's a recipe in the thread below somewhere on how to make them. I made them a couple of times and they are amazing. Actually all of this guy's recipes are pretty damn good!
    http://www.muscleandstrength.com/forum/threads/72242-Cellucor-Core-Whey-Protein-(Cinnamon-Swirl-and-Peanut-Butter-Marshmallow)/page3
  • Leana93412
    Options
    Haha. I'm not doing paleo. Just low-ish carb.

I just asked for paleo because I know it uses easy-to-find ingredients. :)
  • rdybeck
    rdybeck Posts: 3
    Options
    Quark, it's very high on protein and low on carbs.
  • icrushit
    icrushit Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Tahini is just ground roasted sesame seed. Way too strong for my tastes, and peanut butter can be a replacement for it if thats the case, at least in hummus recipes for example, where some substitute it for tahini :)
  • Leana93412
    Options
    Quark

Is that a duck?
  • Leana93412
    Options
    Tahini is just ground roasted sesame seed. Way too strong for my tastes, and peanut butter can be a replacement for it if thats the case, at least in hummus recipes for example, where some substitute it for tahini :)

We don't have tahini. We have hummus on occation though.
    And pb.
  • andeey
    andeey Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese + crushed pineapple

(edit: pineapple isn't "low carb" per se, but you can put a small amount to get the flavor and keep the carbs down ... or, add any other "mixer" to the cottage cheese. Sorry, need way more coffee this morning before posting!) :ohwell:
  • sculli123
    sculli123 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    yum now I want to go buy some of that
  • magnolia_ah
    magnolia_ah Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    proteina
  • Leana93412
    Options

(edit: pineapple isn't "low carb" per se, but you can put a small amount to get the flavor and keep the carbs down ... or, add any other "mixer" to the cottage cheese. Sorry, need way more coffee this morning before posting!) :ohwell:

:love:

Its okay I don't mind fruit carbs. I'm on 20% carbs so I've still got 122g for them. I'm not like those poor souls who only eat 20g of carbs a day... :noway:
  • Leana93412
    Options
    Okay with all the egg suggestions I need to ask this:

Doesn't eggs make you guys fart a lot??????

Or am I just special? :blushing:
  • tashigolean33
    Options
    I like two eggs cooked over easy in coconut oil on top of a bed of spinach, few dashes of siricha, and a sprinkle of sunflower seeds for texture. Crustless quiche and fritatas and egg muffins all with a side of avocado make the rotation as well
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Quark

Is that a duck?
    It's a kinda cheese curd meets cottage cheese dairy product. More common in parts of Europe than the U.S.