What is your craving demise?

Options

Replies

• Patttience
    Patttience Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I avoid cravings. The only time i've had them on this diet since the beginning of the year was when i was stressing over something and then i only craved more food. I did not crave anything in particular.

I avoid craving danger foods by eliminating them from my diet. I don't think them . Fantasising and imaging them and the taste of them can trigger cravings.

Eat well and delicious healthy nutritious foods. this will reduce instances of cravings too.

Focusing on foods you miss will not help you achieve your goals. Let them go. You don't need them.

That said, i have created a rule for myself that enables me to eat sweet foods sometimes. But because it is not mainly within my control as to when that happens, i don't spend any time dreaming about it before hand.
  • HedgeHaug
    HedgeHaug Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Martinis! They make me choose everything else! Booo!
  • _Clarana_
    _Clarana_ Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    NATURAL YOGHURT. I swear I could quite happily devour a 500g pot in one shot if I let myself...and I've come close. I seriously need to get dairy out of my life.
  • Deanner03
    Deanner03 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Ice cream! The desire to stop for ice cream every day this time of year is huge!
  • aedreana
    aedreana Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Vanilla soymilk!
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    For me....it is Krispy Kreme donuts, Double Stuf Oreo Cookies, and this time of year - soft ice cream. It is extremely difficult to drive past the ice cream stand every day. I do NOT want to eat ice cream every day. It's very difficult to measure how much ice cream you are getting, unless I bring my kitchen scale with me every time, lol....

I allow myself to have soft ice cream once a week or so...sometimes the week goes by and I just don't want it. That's a win. LOL
  • liznotyet
    liznotyet Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    red wine. Sends me on a dang carb and cheese salt hunt. 700 calories later I am going from )( to ( ) !
  • runningagainstmyself
    runningagainstmyself Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Carbs and liquor.

French fries. Bread & butter. Bread & cheese. Chocolate. The list goes on...

And I can't stop at a glass of wine. No willpower in that department. Sigh.
  • Gwynnether
    Gwynnether Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Potatoes :(
    ...Mashed potato, french fries or chips...or just plain potatoes. *sigh*
  • ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Sweets. So much so that I will eat whatever is around that's sweet just to get the fix. Yogurt, cookies I bought for the kids and don't really like, make a new pot of coffee so I can put sweet creamer in it. I can't even keep things like ice cream and cake in the house or I'll destroy it. I eat when I'm bored, stressed, sad, lonely, happy, you name it... and it's always sweet things I crave when I eat emotionally. I wish I craved water instead. I'd be SO hydrated.
  • MandyMason7
    MandyMason7 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Cake! Deliciously heavenly cake.
  • joepage612
    joepage612 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    alcohol makes me go over, when i do go over.
  • kmwmtd
    kmwmtd Posts: 6
    Options
    If you'd asked me 6 weeks ago when I started dieting, there would have been quite a few - chocolate, crisps [I believe people in the colonies call them "potato chips" ;-)], peanut butter, fizzy drinks, takeaways etc. I was interested to discover that I didn't have cravings for any of these things once I stopped eating them - they had simply become habits without me noticing.

Which, I suppose, means that I'm not eligible to post in this thread :-(

Sorry, Bye.
  • fatnomoremama
    Options
    Sweets and carbs. Especially comfort food carbs. Homemade mac and cheese, fluffy mashed potatoes dripping with butter, hearty pastas... Ugh.
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    Lately it's homemade trail-mix. If I didn't watch myself like a hawk, I'd definitely be well on my way to becoming a fat vegan.
  • kkay3182
    kkay3182 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    *****FOOD****:grumble: :grumble: :huh: :embarassed:
  • caseypcarlin
    caseypcarlin Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Carbs for me!!! Luckily I never had much of a sweet tooth. Pizza, pasta, sandwiches, bread and butter... you name it. Also, I'm a beer girl, and I like DARK beers at that... stouts and porters go good with pizza!!!
  • KatrineJensen
    KatrineJensen Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Carbs or sugary things. Particularly cereal & granola, pasta, cookies, crackers, cake, pizza, ice cream, pick n mix, chocolate, peanut m&m's, I could go on forever haha
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    Sweet kids cerial like lucky charms and froot loops. Cheese and crackers. Cookies. Ben and Jerry's. Haagen das.

..sigh...
  • likewhoa712
    likewhoa712 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Flamin Hot Cheetos and a Coke... Sigh....