Favorite herbal teas?

Options
2»

Replies

• earthboundmisfit
    earthboundmisfit Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I've heard that oolong tea is a metabolism booster. It doesn't taste very good though. I like chamomile, catnip and hops tea to help me relax. And yerba mate gives me a kick.

there's a catnip tea for humans? and it relaxes you rather than jacks you up? lol. strange.

Yes, catnip is sometimes included in teas that are supposed to calm you down.
  • BarbieFromHellx
    BarbieFromHellx Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    absolutely love the Pukka range in particular the Liquorice and peppermint and the three cinnamon! mmm lush

I drink the Pukka range too! I love the liquorice and peppermint one, I drink that a lot!
  • curlygirl513
    curlygirl513 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Anise Caraway Fennel
    Nettle
    Peppermint
    Herbal Chocolate Chai:drinker:
  • TopazCutie
    TopazCutie Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    peppermint! Just had some with breakfast :)

Chocolate chai sounds amazing.
  • StephanieBurckhard87
    Options
    I had apple + vanilla and it was heaven. Then I purchase a blueberry + vanilla. I had peppermint today and it's so refreshing, I have to purchase a new box because it's almost gone in less than a month. Vanilla chai, definitely. And I would like to try chocolate chai. I just found out that I have a weird fetiche with vanilla. LOL
  • sukifr
    sukifr Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I love nettle tea !!
    Also peppermint green tea and earl grey green tea.

lovely :bigsmile:
  • KatrineJensen
    KatrineJensen Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Green tea, chamomile, peppermint, nettle and variations of these. My absolute favorite tea at the moment is Sleepytime from Celestial :)
  • BarbieFromHellx
    BarbieFromHellx Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I had apple + vanilla and it was heaven. Then I purchase a blueberry + vanilla. I had peppermint today and it's so refreshing, I have to purchase a new box because it's almost gone in less than a month. Vanilla chai, definitely. And I would like to try chocolate chai. I just found out that I have a weird fetiche with vanilla. LOL

Omg, the apple & vanilla one sounds divine!
  • StephanieBurckhard87
    Options
    Green tea, chamomile, peppermint, nettle and variations of these. My absolute favorite tea at the moment is Sleepytime from Celestial :)

Celestial teas are tremendously delicious. I had one called black cherry cherry :O
  • greengoddess0123
    greengoddess0123 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    My favorite way to do herbal tea:

http://www.herbshealing.com/How_to_make_Infusions.htm

My favorites are linden, raspberry leaf, red clover, and oatstraw. This is what we drink at my house instead of water. :drinker:

ETA: About the catnip tea -- it's great, but if you have cats, do not leave that cup unattended. Seriously, don't (naughty kittehs!).
  • HipsterWhovian
    HipsterWhovian Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Twinings do a lovely buttermint tea - smells like Murray Mints :) (not sure that will mean much to anyone not in the UK!) and I'm also drinking their gingerbread green tea at the moment which is awesome.

The buttermint one sounds yummy!
    I haven't tried the gingerbread green tea yet, but I am loving their salted caramel green tea - it's delicious!
  • dizzydomino37
    dizzydomino37 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I love red bush tea (rooibos) It's lovely and full of anti oxidants so really good for you. I rarely drink regular tea these days, red bush is my hot drink of choice :smile:
  • hilarymcm
    hilarymcm Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Spice & Tea Exchange sells an awesome ginger turmeric tea, I've been drinking a lot of that lately. I like anything with ginger or mint.
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    i like herbal teas as i don't do caffeine. my favorite is probably celestial seasonings lemon zinger, but make note that it tastes best (to me, at least) made with 6 ounces of water rather than the 8 they suggest.