Weight this week

Options
I've been having weight problems. I'm currently 179.8 , basically 180. This week I went from 184 to 179 & that's 4 pounds. I'm scared something's wrong with me. I go to the gym 4 times & eat 1200 calories. Weight loss shouldn't be this fast so I'm worried because last week I lost 1.6 pounds. Help me please ! I'm so worried

Replies

• 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    In the beginning you often see quick drops, some of which is water weight.

Your profile says you want to lose about 45 lbs. Hopefully you set your weight loss goal at 1 lb per week.

Why are you at 1200 calories a day? Very few people need to drop that low to see weight loss?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    1200 calories is an agressive goal and is also meant for sedentary...if you go to the gym 4 days per week, you need to account for that by either following the MFP method properly and logging and eating back exercise calories or accounting for that activity in you activity level. Basically eat a bit more to slow down your rate of loss.

I would also suggest monitoring the trend...you will have weeks with bigger losses and smaller losses and no losses and even water/waste gains. It's not linear.
  • Katykins16
    Katykins16 Posts: 12
    Options
    I do monitor my weight loss! Some weeks it's 2 pounds , some is 1.6 & this week was 4! & I can't eat more then 1200 unless I'm eating cheat meals on weekends.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I do monitor my weight loss! Some weeks it's 2 pounds , some is 1.6 & this week was 4! & I can't eat more then 1200 unless I'm eating cheat meals on weekends.

You CAN eat more than 1200 calories if you choose to...
  • Katykins16
    Options
    I know but i literalky can't eat so much without being so full anymore. I've been loosing weight for over 2 years! I went from 265 to 179.8 now ! & 4 pounds drop seems scary to me
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    I know but i literalky can't eat so much without being so full anymore. I've been loosing weight for over 2 years! I went from 265 to 179.8 now ! & 4 pounds drop seems scary to me
    Try using 2% milk instead of skim and 2% yogurt and peanut butter on your toast and olive oil on your veggies and salads.
    Also, have some dark chocolate melted over banana with peanut butter.
    How bout some chocolate chips and nuts in your oatmeal?
  • 1stplace4health
    1stplace4health Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Ask your Doctor
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options

I've gone from 262 to 177, so about the same loss. I agree with everyone else. There's no need to be eating just 1200 calories.
    When I was above 190 I was still set to lose 1.5 lb per week but as I got into the 180's it had me eating 1330 on a sedentary activity level and that was causing problems for me. I reset to 1 lb per week now and can eat 1400-1500 calories and still losing quite well. Maybe try that.

If you are really having trouble eating 1200 cal/daily then you may have a serious problem when you hit your goal and go into maintenance because you will HAVE TO eat more than that or you will lose too much weight and become underweight. Just another thought. You've been given some great suggestions about adding to your calories without really "feeling it".

Remember food is fuel and to go to the gym 4 times per week you need to be eating more.
  • Katykins16
    Options
    How much would I have to eat to maintain my weight?
  • Amanda4change
    Amanda4change Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Here is a site that someone else on here had shared. It will tell you what you need to maintain your current weight as well as what you should be eating to lose weight.
    http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Of course you can. You just choose some calorie dense foods-nuts, avocados, peanut butter, legumes, and foods like these.