working out more and the scale wont move!!

Options
A couple of months ago (around march-may) I was logging pretty consistently and doing crossfit 2-3 times a week and I was also playing tennis, biking, doing random fun active stuff. I set my calories to 1650 TOTAL each day (calculated TDEE-20%). I wouldnt eat back my excercise calories though. Some days (okay a lot of days), I'd go over my calories yet I was losing about 1.2 lbs/week. I lost a total of about 8 lbs then stopped logging/excercising cuz life happens.

So a couple of weeks ago I started logging again and I got a treadmill and then i started c25k WHICH I LOVE!! I'm on w4 d2 but i've been doing 4days/week instead of 3 so I've been running for almost 3 weeks and I started going to crossfit again too. So i've been excercising more yet I havent lost ONE SINGLE POUND! So i'm not sure if I'm eating too much or not enough lol.

I take measurements and everything is the same -_- minus like an inch off my waist but I think that was due to bloating. My legs are looking more toned and my muscles feel harder when I flex. But it's so discouraging that the scale hasnt moved! I'm gonna open up my diary and I will appreciate any advice!

BTW I know I dont eat the healthiest! But I try my best and I definitely believe in indulging a bit !

Replies

• Chrisparadise579
    Chrisparadise579 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    try adjusting your macros to 50% protein 30% carbs and 20% fat. this should help. Also try more variety then treadmill and cardio. the more variety the better that way your body doesnt get used to doing certain exercises.
  • hehesheppy
    Options
    Ugh I know im horrible with sugar. I'm definitely going to need to cut down. But how come before I was eating the same things and losing weight and now i'm working out more and nothing is happening?!
  • ALittleHazey
    Options
    When i started, to say i was sedentary and out of shape would be the understatement of the year, so most people wouldn't see effects this extreme.

Eating 1300-1500 cals on average and weight lifting had me losing 2-3 lbs a week. A few weeks in i added 20 minutes a day on an elliptical, and while everything else stayed the same instead of losing 3+lbs that week, I gained 4lbs.

When you start a new exercise that you aren't used to your muscles swell with water trying to compensate for the stress. Keep it up a few more weeks and your body will adapt, which is when you should see that water hiding your losses disappear.
  • hehesheppy
    Options
    I know but it's been a few weeks already and i was expecting some sort of change by now, last time it took about 2 weeks for the scale to start moving. it''s just so frustrating that i'm working out twice as hard and nothing is happening