weighing food

Options
I was wondering should I weigh everything in grams like raw chicken etc?

Replies

• Jason7Scott
    Options
    I do, actually turns out to be really useful in planning food. I know if if i didn't weigh everything and count accurately, i wouldn't hit my macros.

I started by estimating the weights. When i got a scale out, i was either half or double estimated, so counting the calories was almost useless!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I do...I'm not so anal as to weigh it to the gram, but generally ounces.
  • lhippen
    lhippen Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I do. Just my two cents, but I have found that my estimating abilities are not high, and the food scale helps keep me honest. One of the smartest things I did when I got serious about losing weight was buy a second food scale to keep at my desk at work. It helped me not get discouraged over the fact that couldn't go entirely without snacking and lunch during the time I was at work. You have to recognize that there is a certain amount of imprecision in many calorie measurements, but it only takes a few extra seconds to set something on the scale and then log it. Those two steps, weighing and logging, also give you a chance to think about whether you really want this particular food before it is already in your mouth and tasting very good.