30 Day Shred & 3 Month after Baby!

Options
melliebee
melliebee Posts: 187 Member
I am so excited to share my 30 Day Shred/ 90 day post partum results. Mommas out there, you know how hard it is to get into any kind of routine with a new baby, but it CAN be done! I still have a ways to go before I am back to my pre pregnancy weight, but I am just so happy to feel this ENERGY!

I started working out 6 weeks after my beautiful son was born. The first photos were taken at the beginning of my 30 Day Shred round 1. The 2nd set of photos were taken today, exactly one month after I began.

[img]http://s1190.photobucket.com/user/melliebee23/media/Mobile Uploads/20753a92-71ad-4e16-9cbe-397465b439ee.jpg.html][/img][img]http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z441/melliebee23/Mobile Uploads/20753a92-71ad-4e16-9cbe-397465b439ee.jpg[/img]

weight- 160- 149
chest- 42"- 38.5
waist- 33.5-31
Hips- 41-38

I can't wait to see my results one month from now! Any other mommas want to share their post partum progress?

Replies

• skinnyjeansby30
    Options
    I can't see your pics, but your stats are great! Kudos to you girl!
  • thelowcarblady
    thelowcarblady Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I think this might fix it!

[img]http://s1190.photobucket.com/user/melliebee23/media/Mobile Uploads/20753a92-71ad-4e16-9cbe- 397465b439ee.jpg.html[/img]

[img]http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z441/melliebee23/Mobile Uploads/20753a92-71ad-4e16-9cbe-397465b439ee.jpg[/img]

Congrats girl! That's awesome!!!!
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Amazing results! Congrats!!
  • sparacka
    sparacka Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    This is amazeballs!!! You look awesome & should be so proud of your progress!
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Is 30 day shred hard?
  • melliebee
    Options
    Thank you ladies!! I feel ready to take on my next challenges!

30 day shred is challenging- especially if you are just starting out. But the great thing about it is you see results so fast! You also improve quickly. Day one of level 1 I had to pause it several times. Around day 6 it was easy and I moved up to level two! What I love about it is it is only 20 minutes. You don't have to spend hours at the gym. My son swings happily in his chair while
    I work out. He loves it too!

I may try Jillian Michaels ripped in 30 next. Has anyone done that?
  • marchellaz
    marchellaz Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    You look great! I get bored with videos at home but I love seeing the results.
  • divainsneakers
    divainsneakers Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Great progress!
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Great job!! You look awesome!!

This is one of the reasons I love Jillians DVD's. They can be done at home and most are around 30 minutes. Ripped in 30 is a great DVD too. You can't go wrong with any of them, IMO. I also love 6 week 6 pack. That thing is intense and you get a great calorie burn in about 30 minutes too.

Congrats on the great results! Thank you for sharing!
  • wordyroo
    wordyroo Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Great job! Especially 3 months pp!

I'm 4 months pp and have a question, if you don't mind... are you breastfeeding? If so, did this have any impact on your supply? Did you cut your calories?
  • Advaya
    Advaya Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I'm 6 months PP, in level three of the 30ds and I eat 1800 calories a day and have noticed no drop in supply. That said, I'm a few months ahead of you and have established a supply perhaps a bit more than you have had a chance. I'd monitor and adjust accordingly.
  • melliebee
    Options
    I am exclusively breastfeeding. My goal is to eat 1740 calories/ day. I have had no issues at all with supply! My 3 month old baby is super chubby and 15.5lbs. Like pp said, if you notice any change, adjust your calories accordingly! :)
  • HeyNikkita
    HeyNikkita Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!! I am two weeks post partum and I cant wait to jump back on the workout train for results like yours ... you are an inspiration!
  • msfatbooty
    msfatbooty Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Are you eating 1740 calories and adding in breastfeeding on top of that (adding 300-500 to the 1740) or eating 1740 total? I'm kind of confused with how to figure out the breast-feeding calories. Your results are amazing , thank you for sharing!
  • amielou42
    amielou42 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladies!! I feel ready to take on my next challenges!

30 day shred is challenging- especially if you are just starting out. But the great thing about it is you see results so fast! You also improve quickly. Day one of level 1 I had to pause it several times. Around day 6 it was easy and I moved up to level two! What I love about it is it is only 20 minutes. You don't have to spend hours at the gym. My son swings happily in his chair while
    I work out. He loves it too!

I may try Jillian Michaels ripped in 30 next. Has anyone done that?

Yep, I did!! I love it, especially after doing the 30DS. It's challenging, but not in the way that you think "uh, I can't do this", because you've just done the 30DS you're like "bring it on, Jill baby!". It's harder, but more fun. You'll love it.

I also love her Shred and Shed DVD. Also a LOT of fun!!! You look GREAT!!! 90 days postpartum? Wow. Amazing!
  • Advaya
    Advaya Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I set my calories to 1300 for the day as my goal and in my food diary I add a breastfeeding -500 calorie entry thats in the database. It brings my calories to 1800 for the day.
  • dlrcpa
    dlrcpa Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I just want to say bless all the new mommies out there and we are rooting for you. I have several relatives expecting right now and spend a lot of time looking at baby stuff on the internet - ha ha.
  • wordyroo
    wordyroo Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    LOL thanks for the calorie replies. I'm eating between 2100-2300 most days and still utterly famished, but also losing weight so I guess I'll keep it at that level and see what happens with my supply. I've been doing other HIIT workouts but not as often as I would 30DS. I did level one today. Oof.
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    You're awesome! I was afraid of losing my supply so I waited (way) to long to start reducing my cals and exercising a lot. When I did, I found that my supply was just fine. So I probably should have started sooner. Oh well, everyone's different but hats off to you for successfully exclusively bf and getting your sexy back!!
  • 1FitFiddler
    Options
    You look amazing! What's even more impressive is how you were able to do it while taking care of your little one! Belated congratulations on your baby boy :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!