SAVANNAH BOUND!!!

Options
I just bought my plan ticket and im going to SAVANNAH!!! I have never been there and im very excited!!! It's work related, but i get to stay an extra day and a half and tour the city. Im driving in with coworkers on the 2nd and flyin back on the 6th. Anybody got any suggestions for me on stuff to do????

Replies

• lisabeavers
    Options
    I just bought my plan ticket and im going to SAVANNAH!!! I have never been there and im very excited!!! It's work related, but i get to stay an extra day and a half and tour the city. Im driving in with coworkers on the 2nd and flyin back on the 6th. Anybody got any suggestions for me on stuff to do????
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    not really...but I will just tell ya to have a blast and be safe!

okay nuff from mother hen! lol:laugh:
    hugs!
    Ali :drinker:
  • alifelessevident
    Options
    if you like history or architecture, you'll have quite a bit to take in.... the historic district is made of squares, and they are all different, have lil memorials and statues, etc etc.... also all the old homes, beautiful.... some of the night ghost tours are fun, ask around about good places to eat, don't just stick with the normal chains, if you go out to eat.
  • chelsey787
    chelsey787 Posts: 261
    Options
    my sister lives in savannah, so i travel down there quite frequently.

The city itself is BEAUTIFUL! sign up for a walking tour during the day (i was going to suggest a trolley tour, but a walking tour would keep you more active!!). they usually run about $40 and are well worth it! Or, if you want, they have walking ghost tours at night because savannah is supposedly one of the most haunted cities in the US. (they are kind of creepy! but so much fun)

Make sure you take a visit to the river walk, but beware of the AWESOME candy shop down there. haha.. there's some pretty cute restaurants on the river walk - OH! make sure you go to city market. there's a bunch of gift shops and little boutiques/restaurants there as well.

Have fun! hope this helped... and don't sweat your butt off too much.. lol i was down there in june for her wedding. it was BLAZING!
  • ladywalkalot
    ladywalkalot Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Becareful....I hope your flight isn't delayed.....tropical storm fay is hitting the coast of GA pretty hard....we live in the atlanta area and are hearing about it non-stop! Bring your raincoat....fay is just sitting and spinning!

Just saw the dates you're going to be there....so Lord help us all if Fay is still hanging around!
  • lisabeavers
    Options
    i love old architecture and interesting details and ghosts. that sounds awesome!!!! My flights not til the 6th of september (we are driving over) and i am hoping the weather is good (I remember the LAST time i was in a plane!!!)
  • lisabeavers
    Options
    and ill be a good girl, mamma hen!!! :bigsmile:
  • emikarls
    emikarls Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Wear good shoes when you do river walk because it is cobble stone. I tripped all over the place! Sober too!
    Have fun, it is so pretty there!:drinker: