At what point did people notice your weight loss?

2»

Replies

• alzpalz
    alzpalz Posts: 1 Member
    A couple of my wife's co-workers asked her if I lost wait. It was right after about a 10 lb. drop, I think like another poster said ,I lost it in my face first. Geez, now I have to buy smaller sun glasses.
  • donnat238
    donnat238 Posts: 309 Member
    About 30 lbs, before anyone said anything. Recently I had someone a shop comment about my weight loss and said she had mentioned if before because she wasn't sure if I was losing weight because of an illness or not. I guess the gym clothes that I practically lived in wasn't a good enough clue! :laugh:

It's all good. I'm losing weight for me and not anyone else.!
  • chrs86
    chrs86 Posts: 151 Member
    For me it was when I lost 30lbs and the opposite when I gained 30. Can't win either way. Guess it's best to just stay at a healthy weight. lol
  • MegE_N
    MegE_N Posts: 245 Member
    One person said something when I wore a black dress to work, when I was at about 20lbs. I think part of it is that my work clothes are all really big on me (which is funny because they were tailored to my measurements about 9 months ago) and they kind of hang off me. I can take a fist full of fabric just beneath my bust.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,064 Member
    When I was about 20 lbs down.
  • I had people notice my weightloss at 10lbs, 20lbs, but most people didn't really notice until I hit 30-40lbs. It was so frustrating but I started out obese so I finally understood it would take a great loss until people would really notice. Just keep pushing! :)
  • 1HappyRedhead
    1HappyRedhead Posts: 413 Member
    I had people notice my weightloss at 10lbs, 20lbs, but most people didn't really notice until I hit 30-40lbs. It was so frustrating but I started out obese so I finally understood it would take a great loss until people would really notice. Just keep pushing! :)

^This :flowerforyou:
  • mklovo
    mklovo Posts: 3 Member
    After the 1st week. I lost 10 LB my 1st week and people said they noticed it on my face. The weight loss has been slower since.
  • 1saturn
    1saturn Posts: 95 Member
    When I lost a stone people began to notice :) But some people are more observant and notice straight away and others need a more dramatic loss.
  • albearcamoo
    albearcamoo Posts: 39 Member
    As a general rule of thumb, I've heard a 10% drop in weight is when it becomes noticeable.

I've also heard people say 4 weeks of proper nutrition and exercise etc for yourself to notice it, 8 weeks for friends and family, and 12 weeks for everyone else.

Personally, it's usually after about 10lbs for me. But that's because I'm pretty short and it's a lot easier to notice weight changes. It's a blessing and a curse really.
  • BubbleBubble7
    BubbleBubble7 Posts: 13 Member
    In my personal experience, people at work didn't say anything to me when I lost 20 pounds. I figured they probably wanted to stay professional and not say anything about someone's weight. However, my close friends at work complimented my weight loss. People notice. Not everyone comments on it.
  • lollipoprincess
    lollipoprincess Posts: 117 Member
    Around 20 lbs for the people I see regularly. So I'm guessing around 20 more and people will notice.