Need advice on CLA

Options
Hello,

I was recently recommended to try Thermo CLA to build more muscle but I am currently taking Adderall, 30mg in the am and 20 mg around 3pm. Is it safe to use Thermo CLA with my meds? No, I haven't talked to my doctor, my next appointment isn't for a couple of months and I'm very eager to try the CLA. I also considered what if, I only took my am dose and instead of the pm dose, I took the CLA, any thoughts?? Thank you!

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    The only thing you need to gain muscle is a calorie surplus and a decent lifting routine... Pills won't do it!
  • ChunkLaFunk
    ChunkLaFunk Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    GNC Thermo CLA contains 180 mg. of caffeine per serving as well green tea extracts so may not be advisable. Best to contact a pharmacist at any drug store and ask about any interdictions.

GNC does carry a CLA-only product (no stimulants). Usually CLA is taken with acetyl L-carnitine to help produce more energy on a cellular level. The idea being you can potentially work out harder/longer.

There's no scientific evidence that they contribute to building muscle mass.
  • Mariluqaz
    Mariluqaz Posts: 2
    Options
    Okay, thank you both for your advice! I will definitely speak with a pharmacist. Thanks!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    Supplements aren't needed to build muscle. As mentioned, it's more about calorie surplus and a good progressive overload routine.

A.C.E. Certified Group Fitness and Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    Why are you eager to look for accountability in a pill?