Problem

Options
So I've been tracking my macros today. And it's not adding up. My calories are at 2,330 and macros are 62F/223C/195P. But today I've been tracking and so far I've hit 57F/143C/92P. But it's telling me I only have 330 calories left for today. When I do the math based off of the macros I've consumed it comes out to be about 1,450. But when I add up the calories from the actual foods it say I'm at about 2,900.

Help

Replies

• 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    So you're saying that when you do the calculations manually, your diary should only have you at roughly 1450 for today, MFP has you at roughly 2000 for the day and when you go off packages of food you're at 2900 for the day?

Can you set your diary to public so we can help you figure this out?
  • MattCronin550
    Options
    Okay, I did. The food I ate today isn't so good but it is what it is.
  • MattCronin550
    Options
    Also, I meant 1,900, not 2,900
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Using generic entries that may or may not be accurate is the problem ... look at the roast beef with 700 cals from 8 gr fat (72 cal there) and 40 g protein (160 cals) ....
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Some ideas:

-Are you sure that you are pulling up the correct entries in the database? Check the entries you're using against the packaging in your hand. Companies change formulas all the time, people add their own entries to the database that are incorrect, etc.

-Are you choosing the correct number of servings?

Either of these problems could explain why you are seeing numbers that don't look right.