Hello from Northern Ireland - looking for support buddies

Options
Been on here before but this time it's for real. no rehearsals.:tongue:

I'm hoping to start university in September 2015 to do nursing. My mantra:- I DON'T WANT TO BE A FAT NURSE!!

In the UK many of our nurse are overweight or grossly overweight which for me is a little hypocritical.

I know its a hard job with few breaks and all you want to do in an evening is relax and binge but I refuse to go down this path!!

I have 2 and half stone to loose, by next February, I need dedicated friends to support me please??????:smile::sad:

Replies

• MackynDibsMom
    Options
    Hey there!
    I'd be your buddy. I'm an Emergency Vet Tech so I understand the stressors of the job. I'm on here everyday and have an open diary and log all my exercise. I do my best to provide support and encouragement, advice when asked.
    I'll send you a friend request.
  • AshleyLeelette
    AshleyLeelette Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I bet the temptation to just relax on your off-time is pretty strong! Great that you've chosen to not let it get to that though! I just started my journey, though I have twice as much to lose, I'll definitely add you. The support and motivation will be great! Good luck!
  • emmaxbon
    emmaxbon Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm from Northern Ireland too, mum of 3 year old and stepmum to 12 year old.

I've added you. I've an open diary for friends and log every day :)