Discuss.

Options
DomTre1990
DomTre1990 Posts: 29 Member
Just thought it'd be good to get a discussion going for people at any stage on a journey to lose weight...

What are your perceptions of food/weight/your body? Do you view food as a negative or positive thing, or just something that your body needs? Has your weight loss journey changed how you think about food/weight? If so, how?

Replies

• QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

giphy.gif
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,470 Member
    Options
    Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Hey. I've already told you to lay off the weed and forums. You can have one or the either but not both. And certainly not at the same time.
  • DomTre1990
    DomTre1990 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    There are some strange people on here :P

anyone actually want to discuss?...

I'll start - I've always had quite a positive view of food, but only as I used to comfort eat and I do enjoy my food, but as I've become more aware and have tried to start healthier eating, I guess my perceptions have changed do I enjoy some of the healthier foods more than say fast food or junk food. In fact, there are some foods that I just never eat now because I know how ridiculously bad for you they are.
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    I've always had quite a positive view of food, but only as I used to comfort eat and I do enjoy my food, but as I've become more aware and have tried to start healthier eating, I guess my perceptions have changed do I enjoy some of the healthier foods more than say fast food or junk food. In fact, there are some foods that I just never eat now because I know how ridiculously bad for you they are.

Exactly! I've also learned to change my views of working out regularly, if not daily. I've actually worked out with a PT once a week in childhood (thanks to my disability), and, for the most part, all they taught me was how to let somebody else deliberately injure me/teach me how to injure myself while I (usually unsuccessfully) resisted the temptation to cry to them. I still work with a PT, but it's for once a week hippotherapy (therapeutic horseback riding), where I notice what's going on in my own body with the therapy team's close supervision (and might I add that this method feels awesome for my bad back [thank you, Spina Bifida and Scoliosis], and is the best mental escape money can buy.) In addition, a doctor recommended that I use one of those hand-bike thingies, which is hard to hurt yourself on unless you are new to it or accidentally go too hard/long (also a wonderful stress-buster). Now if I could only balance all my other responsibilities at school and home in a way that gives me time for daily hand-biking!?
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    I'm not here to lose weight solely per se, I use the site to bulk as well. Food is definitely a positive in my mind, I would hazard if you think of food as negative you will always have a problem of either over/under eating.
  • Phoenix__Rising
    Phoenix__Rising Posts: 9,981 Member
    Options

giphy.gif

Yeah. ????
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    Food is definitely a positive in my mind, I would hazard if you think of food as negative you will always have a problem of either over/under eating.

I agree. Maybe that was part of my problem!
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    Yea, I'm going to second that. Good food is important to me. I love food, food is awesome, and now that I have an easy to use tool to optimize my food intake, it's both a pleasure and a fuel source. Food should NEVER be the enemy in weight loss.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options

Hey. I've already told you to lay off the weed and forums. You can have one or the either but not both. And certainly not at the same time.

LOL
  • NYactor1
    NYactor1 Posts: 9,642 Member
    Options

giphy.gif

Yeah. ????
    [/quote

What is going on?