Best workout DVD for weight loss at home?

Options
Hello All,

I have working out at home.Started with 30 day shred by Jillian M and had done it twice.

Iam now bored of repeating it again.

Request your suggestions with the best DVD's that would help me with the further weight loss(30 day shred - difference in inches only).

Thanks u in advance,

Suzzane

Replies

• Madhatton
    Madhatton Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hey!
    I have a few DVDs I like to use. I'm a big fan of Les Mills - Beach Body - Body Combat

It comes with a training schedule, and variants of it for how hard you want to push it!
    I think it is quite expensive to buy, but you can download the DVD or borrow it from someone on here maybe?

After that I plan to do, with the same group (Les Mills - Beach Body) but this time Body Pump, with weights.

I also used to love the Ministry of Sound DVDS, aerobic dance workouts. HIGH cardio, fun music. Gets you nice and sweaty!

Good luck!
  • rjdunn87
    rjdunn87 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Maybe check out T25? It's short in length just like 30 Day Shred but a bit more intense so you may see some better results. I did the shred first and didn't lose much, and then did T25 and lost ten pounds.
  • Orfygirl
    Orfygirl Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Youtube Real Fit.tv and fitnessblender. There are a bunch of other ones on Youtube for free.
  • FlatTummyTrish
    FlatTummyTrish Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Definitely any zumba dvd or game will get you in shape, dancing is way more fun than Shred. Also, Denise Austin and Shaun T. You can find some of their workouts on youtube before you buy the DVDs', Denise's kickboxing and ultimate fat burner are amazing, I do them quite often and it's always a challenge. You can find Jillian's circuit videos on yt too. Good luck :)
  • lharrop1669
    lharrop1669 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I just bought Les Mills Combat and I cannot wait to start today!
  • caitconquersweight
    caitconquersweight Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I've been doing zumba, Hip Hop Abs, Walk Away the Pounds, and DailyBurn. I haven't set foot inside a gym since I started losing weight, and well...the loss speaks for itself. DailyBurn costs $10 a month, but I feel the amount of content is worth it. Zumba is my favorite though, I use youtube videos.
  • pcdoctor01
    pcdoctor01 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Don't forget about YouTube.
  • PopStevenson
    PopStevenson Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm using an 8 week program called "X-Factor ST. Just started and honestly can't finish the 1st week disk right now but I am seriously out of shape. So I'm taking a little more time at it, and not advancing until I can do the full routine. I also made a walking course around town to help me until I can get through the program. It also has extra disks for abs, yoga, glutes & thighs, and Total body. I'm not advertising for them but it is one to try.
  • pcdoctor01
    pcdoctor01 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    The X Factor ST system is by Weider. They came out with a new DVD set called Ruthless. I think it's great to have lesser expensive alternatives to compete with Beachbody.
    I'm using an 8 week program called "X-Factor ST. Just started and honestly can't finish the 1st week disk right now but I am seriously out of shape. So I'm taking a little more time at it, and not advancing until I can do the full routine. I also made a walking course around town to help me until I can get through the program. It also has extra disks for abs, yoga, glutes & thighs, and Total body. I'm not advertising for them but it is one to try.
  • SinCityFit
    SinCityFit Posts: 96
    Options
    The one you will do consistently. Find something that's fun and that you can't wait to get to each day.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Most of my weight loss has been while doing workout DVDs at home. My favourites are all Jillian Michaels'. Mainly: Ripped in 30; Kickbox Fast Fix; Cardio Kickboxing; Extreme Shed and Shred; Killer Buns and Thighs; and Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism. On any given day, I do one or two workouts from whichever of those I feel like.
  • izu87
    izu87 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    The best DVD is the one you will stick to. So, what I do before choosing a workout DVD is watch their trailers, watch some of the videos on their sites and on youtube, read tons of reviews from people who did it, and only then go for a home program.
  • clairetomkinson84
    clairetomkinson84 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I do Billy Blanks or TapOut XT.
  • nikknight
    nikknight Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have Amazon Prime and there are a lot of FREE videos on there, including some other Jillian Michaels videos you may not have tried yet, Shaun T, and Denise Austin....etc.
  • lingo10
    lingo10 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I love Insanity, Les Mills Combat and Focus T25. I see weight loss, fat loss, tone, and endurance improvement with these.

Also there is free Billy Blanks youtube videos, full length from the legendary taebo master! Plus other videos from fitsugar (where you can combine their 10 minute videos into a half hour or 1hr workout depending on your preference, so you dont get bored). And I also have TapOut XT another hard but functional good one, and Bob Harper Dvds are always good ^_^

Plus I cant forget Leslie Sansome walk at home dvds!!

Happy Pickings :)