what sorta stuff are they gonna train me in the army?

Options
saif1996
saif1996 Posts: 111 Member
i'am kinda forced to go to the army in my country in the united arab emirates or else i'll have to pay $13,500 and serve 1 year in jail

and i dont really care i think its good that im going to the army and make other emirates go there too and we can benefit alot going i mean we are going to loss weight and gain muscle and our salary is going to be more then $40,000 in just 9 month! so i cant wait! but i have to Finnish school first, still at 12th grade :/

and i was wondering that what sorta things are we going to do in the army i mean were gonna jog but for how long? and tell me other stuff that were gonna do i wanna prepair my self b4 i go so it wont be as hard for me

Replies

• halleymw
    halleymw Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Basic training is all about calishtenics. You will be doing lots of running, plus all the standard body weight exercises, Push ups, Pull ups, burpees, Jumping jacks sit ups, etc.
    Military.com has exellent guides for getting ready for boot camp. Here in the US all the different services have slightly different standards for physical fitness. Marines toughest, then Army next if I recall.
    You can start here:
    http://www.military.com/military-fitness/workouts/prepare-yourself-for-boot-camp
    Mike
  • 303enfield
    303enfield Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    join a real army ..........................IE Royal Irish regiment
  • mayfrayy
    mayfrayy Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    join a real army ..........................IE Royal Irish regiment

since that makes sense..
  • sculli123
    sculli123 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Basic training is all about calishtenics. You will be doing lots of running, plus all the standard body weight exercises, Push ups, Pull ups, burpees, Jumping jacks sit ups, etc.
    Military.com has exellent guides for getting ready for boot camp. Here in the US all the different services have slightly different standards for physical fitness. Marines toughest, then Army next if I recall.
    You can start here:
    http://www.military.com/military-fitness/workouts/prepare-yourself-for-boot-camp
    Mike
    OP is joining the Army in another country though. Totally irrelevent to what we do (I"m in the Army for 21 years by the way).
  • phil6707
    phil6707 Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    You can start here:
    Mike

different countries have different sort of training
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    and i was wondering that what sorta things are we going to do in the army i mean were gonna jog but for how long? and tell me other stuff that were gonna do i wanna prepair my self b4 i go so it wont be as hard for me

Broadly it depends on your trade, but the majority of armed forces have very similar basic training in terms of phys; running, bodyweight circuits, loaded runs wearing fighting or marching order in boots.

Lots of officers from the UAE are trained in the UK, with some in the US and Australia, so much of the OR training is derived from similar models.

In terms of preparation, I'd suggest being able to run 10Km comfortably 4 times per week, and do bodyweight training for the upper body. I'd also suggest swimming or cycling to complement the CV development as that's about as much running as you'll want to do.

With a minimum service of only 9 months it's difficult to tell, hel it takes nearly 9 months to train a Royal Marine to Commando standard, but in the UK most new entry training for ORs is about 3 months long, six for infantry as they combine new entry and phase two.