Killing depression after 10 years.

Options
When I was younger, I used to weigh 171-190 lbs. in high school weight lifting competitions. In college I weighted 190-210 lbs. I lifted weights for 5 years and I looked great.

One day I became severely depressed (over a girl of course) and then I didn't care about anything. I didn't care about my life. I thought there was nothing I could do to get a girl I liked to like me. So I began eating icecream and I stopped exercising altogether. In 1 month I gained over 60 lbs. (no joke), I ate whole icecream containers everyday. Over the years I tried to lose weight, I would start then stop along the way. Eventually after 10 years I weighed 325-330 lbs.

The night of the change was my mom arguing to me about something I couldn't remember. Somehow she brought up, "What happened to you? You used to be thin!" I was really mad and I yelled, "I became depressed". I stormed away of course but I quickly thought to myself, after all these years am I still depressed? I thought yes. I am very depressed and this is why I am fat. This is why I couldn't move forward with my weight loss in the past. I was very mad at myself and I had enough. I was 100% determined to kill my depression and get my life back.

I weighed 325 lbs. in January and now I weigh 250 lbs. today. I am extremely addicted to exercise. My diet is very strict and overall what I do is very unhealthy. Some days I consume less than 1,500 or even less than 1,000. I will spend hours exercising a day. I went over 30 days with only 3 days off of exercise. I had trained in the past extensively before but never this hard or long. Some days I would sit on a stationary bike and wait until I had passed 2,000 calories. I have played the Wii Active Heavy Boxing for hours in a day while also using the bike. I am positive my calories burned go over a pound of fat in a day. I spend all my available time exercising. I try working out everything I can, abs, back, chest, arms, etc.

But I ignore what other people tell me, because I believe in my results. I lost 75 lbs in 6-7 months and I feel stronger completely. I can bench press and squat more than I did from the day I started to lose weight. I never really feel tired anymore. At first I would get dizzy, and feel sick. But I kept it up until I got used to it. I hardly ever feel hungry. I thought I might not continue with such a low calorie diet (mostly plant food and some protein) but anytime I thought I was feeling tired, I asked myself, "Are you quitting?" NO, I will never quit. I get that boost of energy to continue.

Because I eat so little, my stomach shrunk a lot. My skin had reduced a lot. I can only eat a small handful of food at a time or I feel sick. I drink a lot of water, and because I been doing this for some time, I got used to it. I feel GREAT. I want to lose the rest of my weight by the end of the year. If it doesn't work that way, oh well, but 1 year is quite shocking how much a person can change their body. I wanted this, and I am proving a person can do it. Don't give up and when your tired, ask yourself, "Am I quitting?" Lose all the weight now, it will be worth it!

Replies

• MichaelVRenner
    MichaelVRenner Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Great story of your journey. Thank you for sharing. This can be an inspiration for many who don't have that voice or courage yet to soak up and step out.
  • Luv2eatSweets
    Luv2eatSweets Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    That is amazing progress. Are you happy now? That is the main question. I hope you are....best wishes to you.
  • ambhj
    ambhj Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your amazing progress!!!
  • BekaBooluvsu
    BekaBooluvsu Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Great story luv! I've dealt with depression a long time. I haven't completely conquered it yet, but I move closer everyday.
    I too started 7 months ago at 360.2 now I weigh 282.4!! I will never give up. It's a process but we can do this!

Big hugs,
    Rebekah
  • ZaCkOX
    ZaCkOX Posts: 115
    Options
    I am happier but not completely happy yet. I'll be happy when I get my body back haha.

Thanks for the friend requests and replies everyone.
  • melissaamooney
    melissaamooney Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Super inspiring. Depression can be crippling. But doesn't have to be.